Help My Team - Currently In-Draft (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help My Team - Currently In-Draft (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help My Team - Currently In-Draft (WHIR)

Postby Santana4Cy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm

12 team, 5x5 roto league. We are in the middle of a slow draft, and I would like to get some input on how I've done so far, and what to address next.

We kept 4 players, and my keepers have an asterisk. I had the 8th pick in the draft (finished 5th last year).

C:
1B: Mark Teixeira*
2B: Jeff Kent (10)
3B: Miguel Cabrera*
SS: Jose Reyes*
CI: Alex Gordon (7)
MI: Carlos Guillen (2)
OF: Matt Kemp (5)
OF:
OF:
U: Jim Thome (8)
U:

SP: Jake Peavy*
SP: Justin Verlander (1)
SP: Roy Halladay (4)
RP: Joe Nathan (3)
RP: Mariano Rivera (6)
P: Dustin McGowan (9)
P: Chad Cordero (11)
P:

10 bench spots.

Obviously, my outfield isn't going to be very good, but I think I'll be able to find a few veterans to fill it out. There are still guys like Ken Griffey Jr., Raul Ibanez, Jose Guillen, Aaron Rowand, Michael Cuddyer, Josh Willingham, Gary Matthews Jr., Jeremy Hermida, Randy Winn, Milton Bradley, Rick Ankiel, etc. out there.

I think the rest of the offense should be able to make up for the lack of an outfield.

I think that my pitching staff has the makings of being the best in the league. I think the addition of Cordero with my last pick should give me a very good shot at winning saves. I may have reached on McGowan, but I really like him this year. I think he'll have a big year. I should be able to compete in wins as well with Peavy, Verlander, Halladay and McGowan.

My next pick comes in 9 picks, and the top players available are Kenji Johjima, Carlos Delgado, Chien-Ming Wang, Jhonny Peralta, Bengie Molina, Jeremy Bonderman, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Ken Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Raul Ibanez, Ivan Rodriguez, Jose Guillen, Casey Kotchman, Jeff Francis, Aaron Rowand, Derek Lowe, Troy Glaus, Kazuo Matsui, Julio Lugo, and Tom Gorzelanny.

Do I address the outfield next, or do I take a catcher? I've got an urge to take Chien-Ming Wang if he's still there, to try to wrap up the wins category as well.

Please help. WHIR.
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help My Team - Currently In-Draft (WHIR)

Postby abrage22 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:01 pm

i DEFINETLY think u should take Ibanez! just wait on the catcher since theres still at least two that i know of u told us about decent catchers that if one goes u can take the other with ur next pick. but u definetly need more help at OF right now!!!
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shiner » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Is Josh Hamilton still available? If he is then grap him ASAP. I also really like Hermida to go off this year. You should definitely pass on the Catcher and address your OF.
Shiner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Santana4Cy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:14 am

Since I posted this, Carlos Marmol, Jeff Francis, Chien-Ming Wang, Adam Jones, Hank Blalock, Matt Garza and Kevin Gregg have come off the board.

There are two more picks before me, and I think I'm going to go with Raul Ibanez. I'll be happy with the .280, 20, 90, 85 he'll give me.
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team