"Farm System" or "Minor League's" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

"Farm System" or "Minor League's"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: "Farm System" or "Minor League's"

Postby colby2152 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm

pjalst wrote:ok, I think I got it. You have two leagues. Each owner has one team in each of the leagues. Both leagues share the same playerpool. Did I get it right?

Yep... you got it.

What's the best way to handle free agency? Should I move this league to Yahoo? I want a system that works good for all the GM's and the commish (me).
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pjalst » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm

colby2152 wrote:
pjalst wrote:ok, I think I got it. You have two leagues. Each owner has one team in each of the leagues. Both leagues share the same playerpool. Did I get it right?

Yep... you got it.

What's the best way to handle free agency? Should I move this league to Yahoo? I want a system that works good for all the GM's and the commish (me).

I don't know of a fantasy site where you'd be able to manage both leagues simutaniously, But if you don't already have one I suggest a league web site for the leagues. Something like proboards maybe to help manage leagues from it.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 33)

Postby colby2152 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

pjalst wrote:I don't know of a fantasy site where you'd be able to manage both leagues simutaniously, But if you don't already have one I suggest a league web site for the leagues. Something like proboards maybe to help manage leagues from it.

I thought about doing that just to open the lines of communication, but it doesn't help the issue with free agency in two leagues.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pjalst » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 am

colby2152 wrote:
pjalst wrote:I don't know of a fantasy site where you'd be able to manage both leagues simutaniously, But if you don't already have one I suggest a league web site for the leagues. Something like proboards maybe to help manage leagues from it.

I thought about doing that just to open the lines of communication, but it doesn't help the issue with free agency in two leagues.

It will help if you have a post on the site that contains a list of players that are "off-limits" this way everyone can log in and check the list before they pick up a FA.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colby2152 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 am

pjalst wrote:It will help if you have a post on the site that contains a list of players that are "off-limits" this way everyone can log in and check the list before they pick up a FA.

Your idea is the same as the best one that I have. Let free agency it be completely free and have the players taken list posted in each league. I still have one problem. What do I do when two different franchises make claims for the same player in different leagues on the same day? Yahoo has time-stamps, so I suppose if the time is even the same, then I can force the player into waivers.

My other idea was to have a weekly waiver claim system.

Another idea brought up by a rookie for next year was to have double sized rosters for each league of all the players in the franchise. Problem here is confusion of who to start and who not to start.

I am looking for the most simple method that doesn't take too much of my time or the other GM's in the league.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pjalst » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Although not imposible, I think it would very rare for two players to have the same exact time stamp. Checking the time would be you best bet.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colby2152 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:36 pm

pjalst wrote:Although not imposible, I think it would very rare for two players to have the same exact time stamp. Checking the time would be you best bet.

That is a good point... I am going to leave it up to league members to figure out this issue. We may just go with a standard free agency system. ;-D
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colby2152 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm

2 months later... any options for a league out there?
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner