Unique new Franchise/Dynasty league needs owners! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Unique new Franchise/Dynasty league needs owners!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Unique new Franchise/Dynasty league needs owners!

Postby fmluder » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:38 pm

I had an idea for a new kind of league. Most of stat services allow up to 20 teams, so I thought, "What kind of league has 20 teams in it?"
Well, Major League Baseball in the 1960's, that's what.

So instead of letting people pick from 30 teams, they have to choose from the franchises that were around back then (the one change I had to make was that the Washington Senators later became the Texas Rangers, so that's the franchise you'll get if you choose them).

As long as I was at it, I thought why not align the league and run the schedule the same way. So 10 teams in each league, head-to-head scoring, and no inter-league play until the World Series.

Each owner gets all the players on the major league roster of their team of choice, plus rights to any prospects when they are promoted. I took the Cubs, but the other 19 teams are available as of this post.

Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, Boston, Yankees, Oakland, Minnesota, Angels, White Sox, Texas, St. Louis, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Dodgers, Philadelphia, Mets, Houston.

Interested? Get me your email, or find it in the ESPN listings under 1960's Alignment Dynasty League.
fmluder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds