Advantage in Dominating a position? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Advantage in Dominating a position?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Advantage in Dominating a position?

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:50 pm

this is certainly interesting. i agree in that it isnt the biggest advantage for you because you have lesser players at your other positions, but these guys do put up great numbers. and i would be surprised if it didnt cause the other managers to reach for remaining 3B, or even to keep a lesser one if theyre afraid of not getting him back in the draft. the best way to find out is see what kind of team you end up with. if you can avoiding starting guys like kotchman or felipe lopez i think you did well :-D
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:30 pm

I don't think it's a huge advantage. It's not like in basketball for example where you could load up on PG and dominate the assists catagory. It will all even out since you get the same stats from all the positions.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm actually working this strategy in one of my leagues this season but it just fell into place rather than anything intended. We're using the normal Yahoo! roster setup but everyone else wanted to add a bunch of other categories, including strikeouts for hitters, so I ended up taking Miggy in the first and then went with ARam in the third round because he only strikes out around sixty times per season and I'm not opposed to locking down the UTIL spot early if that's where the best value lies. Atkins fell to me in the fifth round and I could slide him over to 1b anyway so I ended up cornering the market at 3b. I'm not sure if I'll keep all three of them but I will be watching to see the benefits of my opponents having guys like Gordon and Youkilis as their first string third baseman because I picked up three of the top five guys. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:53 pm

it can't hurt. Maybe it will put some more pressure on other teams to find guys. BUT, 3B is sooooo deep this year. Nice too because Braun will be eligible at OF within a week or two of the season's start.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers