Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years

Postby abrage22 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm

o yes its realy ha. her it in the radio and it was in the newspaper ;-D .
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:22 am

just because it was reported doesnt make it true.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:53 am

Well, they got around to charging the boyfriend with mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Story

I especially like this quote from the article:

Ness County Attorney Craig Crosswhite said the mistreatment charge most closely fit the situation. "I looked at the statutes and spoke to the attorney general's office," he said. "This was a very unusual set of circumstances, and this is the law that most closely applied to the situation."

The way I read this, it almost looks like this attorney was searching to find something to charge the boyfriend with. My question is, why does someone have to be "guilty" in this situation? The woman is obviously troubled, she stayed in that bathroom all by herself (meaning, he didn't hold her prisoner), and he took care of her in some way. We may not agree with everything he did and we may have done something different, but are we really in a situation here where someone needs to be charged with a crime?

The boyfriend says that if he's guilty of anything it's not getting help sooner. In extraordinary circumstances people often react outside of "normal." This guy could have done a bunch of things differently, but was his failure to call the police or doctors or someone along those lines criminal?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wake » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:43 pm

I agree. While the boyfriend was obviously wrong in what he did, I think he was doing it out of good intentions. If he was actually a jerk, he would've just left when the relationship became too much to handle. Even though he was incredibly stupid both for continuing to enable her by bringing her food and for not calling for help earlier, in the end it was the woman's decision to stay on the toilet as long as she did.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:58 pm

wake wrote:I agree. While the boyfriend was obviously wrong in what he did, I think he was doing it out of good intentions. If he was actually a jerk, he would've just left when the relationship became too much to handle. Even though he was incredibly stupid both for continuing to enable her by bringing her food and for not calling for help earlier, in the end it was the woman's decision to stay on the toilet as long as she did.

you think they uhhhh did stuff while she was sitting there rotting away?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 pm

I've heard of people getting bed sores from laying in the same position and not moving, wouldn't that have happened instead of here skin attaching to the seat?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wake » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:09 pm

markj11 wrote:I've heard of people getting bed sores from laying in the same position and not moving, wouldn't that have happened instead of here skin attaching to the seat?

I don't think her skin actually attached to the seat. Most likely her body eventually shifted or she gained enough weight that the seat couldn't be removed, similar to how a wedding ring can get stuck.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 pm

markj11 wrote:I've heard of people getting bed sores from laying in the same position and not moving, wouldn't that have happened instead of here skin attaching to the seat?

That article I linked to essentially said that she had bedsores to such a degree that her legs adhered to the seat. She apparently sat on that toilet for one month straight.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:37 pm

knapplc wrote:

That article I linked to essentially said that she had bedsores to such a degree that her legs adhered to the seat. She apparently sat on that toilet for one month straight.

wait, i thought she sat on the toiler for 2 years straight? she was getting up and walking around in the bathroom? :-° doesnt have the same effect on me now.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, that's quite a difference.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk