Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years

Postby wake » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:20 am

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 009/NEWS07

WICHITA, Kan. -- Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years -- so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the man finally called police.

It appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat, said Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple. The woman initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar, and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said.

Police declined to release the couple's names, but the boyfriend, Kory McFarren, agreed to be interviewed Wednesday by the Associated Press. He identified his girlfriend as Pam Babcock.

McFarren, 36, told investigators he took Babcock food and water and asked her every day to come out.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,' " Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

McFarren told the Associated Press that it was solely Babcock's choice to remain in the bathroom.

"She is an adult; she made her own decision. It was my fault I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it," McFarren said.

He said Babcock had a phobia about leaving the room because of childhood beatings.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Woman stuck on toilet for 2 years

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:40 am

That can't be real.... :-S
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 am

I heard that story this morning on Mike and Mike even..

Sometimes I don't leave the bathroom for a half an hour or fortyfive minutes, but that's normally no fault of my own; mainly it is P.F. Chang's.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 am

8-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I know people have severe phobias and all, but even still that seems so extreme as to be barely believable. I’m no doctor, but how could her body not have completely atrophied after two years of sitting in one spot? Physically that seems far from possible.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Wow... just...wow

I hope their place had multiple bathrooms.
Last edited by thedude on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:19 pm

brings a new urgency to the term "s*** or get off the pot".
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I heard this on the radio this morning. There has to be more to the story. The boyfriend lets her sit there for 2 years without saying anything :-?

That was my first impression as well. Who on earth would wait so long to call someone, and why did he decide to do it now?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk