Rate my 16 Teamer Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my 16 Teamer Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my 16 Teamer Please

Postby RaysFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

16 Team, H2H, 6X6 ((OBP instead of BA and SLG and HLDs added))

Ok, just to note I am obviously a RaysFan and the pick at catcher was made as more of a joke than anything, but I want to see who you would rather have.

C - Dioner Navarro ((I do think he can hit .255 with 12 HR but still))
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - B.J. Upton
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jason Bartlett ((my other weak spot but I needed speed and he walks alot for a SS in the late rounds))
OF - Corey Hart
OF - Pat Burrel
OF - Johnny Damon
UTL - Derek Lee
BN - Jack Cust
BN - Brendan Harris

SP - Ben Sheets
SP - John Smoltz
RP - Eric Gagne
RP - Brian Wilson
P - Matt Caps
P - Jon Rauch
P - Aaron Heilman
P - Justin Spierer
BN - Brett Myers
BN - Matt Garza

Some other C who are available are Estrada, C. Ruiz, Snyder, Bard, Doumit, Buck, Torrealba. I like Ruiz and Snyder, but if I can't come to a decision I might just sit on Dioner and hope to get a little luckier =]

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my 16 Teamer Please

Postby RaysFan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:46 pm

uhm... bump

Help would be greatly appreciated

RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby minter » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Well as im sure you realize your C and SS are pretty weak...Ruiz is much better at C also check to see if Towels is available cause he'd be better than all those guys.
Dont know whats available but perhaps there is someone floating around at shortstop that can get you a little bit more production.
Also you should note that Damon will probably be platooning the outfield and wont be playing everyday!
minter
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RaysFan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Well I know Bartlett is weak at SS, but the only people available on the wire are Betancourt and Vizquel.

I obviously need the speed to be competative and at least I know he'll steal me 25 bags.

I know I know at catcher, I'll probably end up flowing players in and out depending on whose hot. Trust me, I'm not high on Towles, but hes long long gone, trust me I named everyone worth it ((well not Miguel Montero, he won't start)). The thing with Navarro that appealed to me in this league is the BB rate that other C don't have. Ruiz doesn't BB much and his OBP suffers, and hes yet to prove to me he can last a full season. The guy I was looking at most from that group was Chris Snyder because of his OBP, second half... well not a surge, but... an increase... and that park is very nice, and there are rumors of him batting second with high OBP guys behind him to drive him in, he might get lucky and Odog will lead off and he'll get to do that.

The thing with damon is again, speed. Although his BA is only .270, his OBP is .355 and is pretty respectable for a guy who should hit 10-15 HR and 22-25 SB. I need the speed, and would rather start him over anyone on the waiver wire, no doubt. I have Cust on my bench, and his OPS is just through the roof, but his high K rate worries me along with that horrible park and very shaky lineup, so theres really not much I can do except try to trade, but because this is a power-leaning lead many people are hoarding the SB they have and overvaluing those types of guys by 2 rounds, just because its so hard to find then helpful in a league like this.

Remember this is a 16 team league too so If I'm going to use 3 picks to get 3 closers, and use 3 picks to get 3 top relievers, and use 3 picks to get 3 Soft Aces then something will suffer. Dioner was my last round pick, and was kind of a joke, but I know alot of people, including some experts, who think he can put together a helpful season. Also, if you look at Bartlett's numbers in comparison to Ocab then its really not that different. Their OBP is the same, their SB are the same, Ocab will hit 3-5 more HR and drive in about 20 more, but he gets taken in the 11th, not the 19th where I got Bartlett.

Thanks for the help though, anyone else?

RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team