Khalil Greene - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Khalil Greene

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Khalil Greene

Postby AEMRICH » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Just curious why does nobody talk about Greene? I know that he doesn't have the greatest avg. and that he plays half of his games in Petco but i think he put up some strong numbers last year. .254 avg 27HR's 97RBI's 89R's and 4 SB's. I would be ok with him as my starting SS. What are some thoughts and where have you seen him going in the drafts?
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Khalil Greene

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:17 pm

If I can't get one of the early SS, I'm waiting all the way until the late teen rounds and grabbing this guy, for sure. Sure his AVG is piss poor, but at the SS position he has elite power and RBI potential (and probability), will score his fair share of Runs (90+ possible this season), and will even steal you 4-5 bases. If he could get his AVG back up to . 270+ like in '04 people would be loving Khalil.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby horatio » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:35 pm

I like Khalil as a late round grab at SS also but I'd still be inclined to take Jhonny Peralta before him.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Khalil's a solid guy to have at short especially if you platoon him, only playing him on the road. His home/road career splits are staggering, and you got .288, 15, 57, 53, 3 out of him in his 77 road games last season.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby da bears » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Yea I agree with the poster. I dont really have any clue why he isn't more talked about. He might hurt your average but his power numbers are great for a short stop. if rollins doesnt drop to me i have no problem finding steals elsewhere and getting greene late to play short for me.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:48 am

The BA and injury history scare off a lot of people. If you wait long enough he is a good value.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:58 am

I think the power regresses some, he is an injury risk and he hurts your avg. I'm still fine with him as a starting SS in a 14 team league but I don't like the odds of him repeating last year. The idea to sit him at home, especially against good pitchers is a solid one.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 am

Ender wrote:I think the power regresses some, he is an injury risk and he hurts your avg. I'm still fine with him as a starting SS in a 14 team league but I don't like the odds of him repeating last year. The idea to sit him at home, especially against good pitchers is a solid one.

I can see his power coming down a little but I'd expect it to stay around where it is with some room for more growth. His BABIP has always been below average so with some luck he should hit .275+ one of these days.

Injury is the biggest thing with him especially with the style of defense he plays. He is a very underrated SS in real baseball sense. Probably a bit underrated in fantasy as well since he is perfectly capable of putting up 25 HR, .270 AVG every year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers