Draft Sunday...One Last Minute Opening...Hardcore H2H Daily - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Draft Sunday...One Last Minute Opening...Hardcore H2H Daily

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Sunday...One Last Minute Opening...Hardcore H2H Daily

Postby Jayfo1317 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:48 pm

I had a last minute drop out and am seeking one hardcore baseball fan seeking a deep league for H2H competition hosted by CBS. I am pasting the complete rules for this season. This is NOT a keeper league; completely redraft. You would have the 2nd overall pick in the draft replacing Gerrick Rhodehamel in the rules listed below. Please, read and if interested email me at Jabara@woh.rr.com First come first serve...but I would really like to have someone who knows their baseball and is into it 100% from day one til the last day of the season.

Thanks,
Jay Estes

Welcome to the White Trash Talkers
2008 Fantasy Baseball League

“Bases Juiced”
2-TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION
Jay Estes’ Estes Park Empire…Do I Smell 3-Peat?

All Changes Highlighted in RED

CONTENTS

- What’s New in 2008
- What’s New on CBS Site
- Live Draft & Draft Order
- 2008 Divisions, Teams & Owners
- Last Season’s Results
- Roster Limits & Scoring
- Transactions & Schedule Breakdown
- 2008 Contests & Awards
- Playoff Details & Schedules
- New Payouts Summary
- What I Need From You

WHAT’S NEW IN 2008

TIE-BREAK SIMPLIFICATION

Tie-Break criteria for league has been simplified. The following tie-break criteria will be used to determine both Divisional Champions and Playoff Seeding:

• Best Overall Record
• Best Head to Head Record
• Most Total points
• Heads or Tails (if needed)

DIVISION NAMES

From now on out, each of our four divisions will be named after last season’s divisional winners. So, this season, we are honoring David Cifers, Teal Davis, Doug Carter/Jason Price and Michael Sarka with Divisions named after them.

NL / AL DIVISIONAL SPLITS BACK / TOP 8 TEAMS MAKE THE WORLD SERIES BRACKET

Last season, I tried to get more teams involved from beginning to end by making the playoffs available for the top 12 finishers and I abolished the National League vs. American League Divisional Splits. That did not work out. We wound up paying money to the top 12 teams and there just wasn’t enough money going to the top winners. So, this season it’s back to the old tried and true method. The top 4 teams in the AL and the top 4 teams in the NL will battle it out in the WTT World Series Bracket (see complete details below) and the bottom remaining 8 teams will fight it out in the WTT Little League World Series.

$125 PER TEAM

It’s been about 5 years since I upped the price of the league, but this league is still one of the cheapest around. There are some really big money leagues out there, but I’d like to keep the WTT price down. However, I do want to be able to pay out some more to the winners so that’s the reason for the $25 price increase.

NEW ON CBS SITE

• Mock Drafts - Everybody knows that your draft is one of the most important pieces of the Fantasy Baseball season. Now we offer an area for you to practice drafting as many times as you like. Participate in mock drafts against other fantasy baseball players so you can see how players are being valued before your draft. You can even select to draft from the same position that you'll be drafting from in your real draft. Click Here to Mock Draft Now!
• Coming Soon!!! - Enhanced Scouting Tools - Our enhanced scouting tools will make it easier to track players who aren't on your team, but who are on your fantasy radar. You'll be able to easily see stat reports, news, and live scoring for players you're scouting.
• Draft Room Improvements - We've added more improvements to our already state-of-the-art draft rooms. You'll now be able to see much more in-depth data and analysis when trying to make those all-important draft day decisions.
• Updated Player Pages - Now you can decide how the player pages appear to you. To design your player pages, simply "drag and drop" each component into your desired location. Once you do one player page, your design will take effect for the others. Plus, we've added additional content to make it easier than ever to get the information you need.
• Notification when new players are added to the player pool - In years past you never knew when the upcoming player you were looking for would be added to the player pool. This year, you'll receive an alert in the message center when new players are added to the player pool. It will also link to a page that shows all new additions and the date they were added.
• Additional Waiver Options - Our additional waivers options include a way to keep all players on waivers so there is never a 'free add/drop period' after players clear waivers.
• Pitcher Eligibility settings - Now Pitchers have have their own separate eligibility settings. You decide what settings you want.
• Live Chat on the Scoreboard - With the new chat room in the Scoreboard, you can catch up with league mates or talk some trash while you are there watching all of your scores update LIVE!

LIVE DRAFT, SUNDAY MARCH 16th at 6 PM EST

NOTE: PLEASE VISIT THE LIVE DRAFT ROOM BEFORE THE DRAFT TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ON DRAFT DAY

DRAFT DAY

The Live Draft will be held on Sunday, March 16th at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

If you are not going to attend the live draft, or only attend part of the live draft...please turn on your autopilot so the computer automatically picks for you and we won't have to wait on you. If you don’t turn on your live draft robot and leave, I will kick you out of the league then hunt down you and yours and destroy all that you hold dear.

The draft will consist of 16 teams drafting 30 players each. Therefore, it is going to be a long draft. I will periodically shorten the time clock to pick as the draft progresses.

Owners will choose players from a pool consisting of both National and American League Players regardless of what League/Division you are in.

NOTE: Our season will begin on Tuesday, March 25…with two early games in Japan that week.

Please, rank your players before the draft just in case you get booted off or have problems during the live draft.

If you have questions regarding the Live Draft, ask before the draft…not during.

DRAFT ORDER

Andy Hileman had first choice of draft position because he won the last seasons Little League World Series. He took the 8th pick.

All other participant’s picks were determined via random drawing by Teal Davis, so holler at him if you don’t like your draft position.

1. Carter/Price
2. Gerrick Rhodehamel
3. Michael Sarka
4. David Cifers
5. Tyler Valdivia
6. Teal Davis
7. Donovan Browning
8. Andy Hileman
9. Tony Denton
10. Bill White
11. Doug Clark
12. Billy White
13. Ron Wakelam
14. Brian Hicks
15. AC Mullins
16. Jay Estes

DIVISIONS, TEAMS & OWNERS
I am excited about the league this season more than ever. Most of the players are back from last season, and we’ve added a die hard fantasy player that likes to put in the hours to get an edge. Please, welcome newcomer Ron (AKA RJ) Wakelam to the league. In the last 2 years, Ron has joined 10 baseball leagues and has had 8 of those teams make the playoffs and 6 of them winning it all.

Also, I’d like to welcome Rob Smith to WTT Baseball. Rob was such a tough competitor in football that Teal convinced him to waste a lot of his free time over the summer cussing at the computer screen with the rest of us.

Also, Michael Sarka’s son, Jordan, has thrown his hat into the ring and will play alongside his dad. Jordan is 13 and this is the first time he’s played fantasy baseball. He’ll make the Hellcats even tougher, I’m sure.

Here are the Divisional Rivalries this season that I think will be interesting:
• Teal Davis vs. Doug Clark – these two are always great when they go head to head
• David Cifers vs. Bill White – I know there’s love there somewhere
• Me vs. Carter/Price – I won the league but lost my division to them in a very frustrating regular season last year

HERE ARE THE TEAMS / DIVISIONS:

CARTER/PRICE - NL Division
Team
W
L
T
PCT
GB
Strk
Div
Wks
PF
Back
PA

PDX-Xpress – BRIAN HICKS, OREGON
0 0 0 0.000 - 0-0-0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Estes Park Empire – JAY ESTES, OHIO
The Reverse Cowgirls – MATTY COLLETTE, PA
Fattsville Shockers – DOUG CARTER/JASON PRICE, OHIO

CIFERS - NL Division
Team
W
L
T
PCT
GB
Strk
Div
Wks
PF
Back
PA

The Fighting Lawn Gnomes – CIFERS, VIRGINIA
Cougars – TONY DENTON, KENTUCKY
Boys Remembered – BILL WHITE, MASSACHUSSETTS
Drifters III – RON WAKELAM, KENTUCKY

DAVIS - AL Division
Team
W
L
T
PCT
GB
Strk
Div
Wks
PF
Back
PA

Mammoth Cave Bat Boy – ANDY HILEMAN, KENTUCKY
Guinness – TEAL DAVIS, KENTUCKY
Da Beers – GERRICK RHODEHAMEL, PA
ROWLAND RHODEHAMEL, COLORADO 0 0 0 0.000 - 0-0-0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0
MILF Mayhem – DOUG CLARK, OHIO

SARKA - AL Division
Team
W
L
T
PCT
GB
Strk
Div
Wks
PF
Back
PA

The Busty Bombshells – AC MULLINS, KENTUCKY
Rabid Ass Monkeys – ROB SMITH, OHIO
Iceman – BILLY WHITE, MASSACHUSSETTS
Red Hook HellCats – MICHAEL & JORDAN SARKA, GEORGIA

LAST SEASON RESULTS - 2006 FIELD OF SCREAMS (* = Divisional Champion)
2007 – Yard Work
1. Jay Estes' Estes Park Empire
2. Teal Davis' Guinness Spirits*
3. Rhodehamel's Run Like Mays...
4. Carter/Price's Fattsville Shockers *
5. Michael Sarka's Red Hook Hellcats *
6. AC Mullin's Busty Bombshells
7. David Cifer's Fighting Lawn Gnomes*
8. White/Bergeron's Boys Remembered
9. Denton/Cox Cougars
10. Troy Webster's Cincinnati Devils
11. Doug Clark's MILF Mayhem
12. Matty's Reverse Cowgirls
13. Andy's Mammoth Cave Bat Boy
14. Hick's PDX X-Press
15. Billy's Iceman
16. Tony's Schmegma

ROSTER LIMITS

Rosters can be changed daily up to 30 minutes prior to the first game of the day. All teams will have 30 players at all times on their roster. Each week, teams will start 14 players:

• 1 Catcher
• 1 First Baseman
• 1 Second Baseman
• 1 Short Stop
• 1 Third Baseman
• 3 Outfielders
• 2 Designated Hitters (Any Position)
• 4 Pitchers (Relievers, Starters, or Closers)

Each team will always have 16 reserve players and can be any position.

A player must have played at a position 5 times this season or last season in order to be eligible at that position.

A team without a valid lineup anytime during the week will receive 0 points for that week.

SCORING

For the first time in the history of the WTT, THERE ARE NO SCORING CHANGES FROM LAST SEASON. Please, take a moment to look over the scoring. If you have any suggestions or concerns, contact me.

Head-to-Head, Points Based System.
Ties go to the team with more points from Reserves.
Scoring based on total stats each period.
Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Total Points.
Scoring for Batting Categories
1B - Singles 1 point
2B - Doubles 2 points
3B - Triples 3 points
BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
CSC - Caught Stealing by Catcher 3 points
CYC - Hitting for the Cycle 10 points
DPT - Double Plays Turned 1 point
GSHR - Grand Slam Home Runs 10 points
HP - Hit by Pitch 1 point
HR - Home Runs 4 points
OFAST - OF Assists 4 points
R - Runs 1 point
RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
SB - Stolen Bases 2 points
SF - Sacrifice Flies 1 point
SH - Sacrifice Hits 1 point
TPT - Triple Plays Turned 10 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
APP - Appearances 2 points
BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -.33 points
CG - Complete Games 3 points
ER - Earned Runs -1 point
HD - Holds 3 points
IBBI - Intentional Walks .33 points
INN - Innings 1 point
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
L - Losses -5 points
NH - No-Hitters 10 points
PG - Perfect Games 20 points
PKO - Pick Offs 2 points
QS - Quality Starts 5 points
S - Saves 4 points
SO - Shutouts 4 points
W - Wins 5 points

• Our scoring period is Monday thru Sunday head-to-head total.

• Team with most points at the end of games on Sunday wins.

• Ties go to the team with more points from Reserves.

TRANSACTIONS

DAILY LINEUP CHANGES
All GM’s can change their lineups daily up to 30 minutes prior to the first game of the day.
TRADES
All trades are subject to review & approval by the Commissioner. The Commissioner will approve or deny a trade agreement within 24 hours of submission. Players acquired in a trade will be available to play immediately the next day.
ADD / DROPS / WAIVERS
All Free Agents Adds and Drops are handled by a waivers process which runs nightly. All dropped players are put on waivers for a 24 hour period and if not claimed off waivers they will become free agents.
FAIR-PLAY RULE
I am adding this rule to prevent owners that are clearly out of the playoff hunt from “helping” other owners, intentionally OR unintentionally.

In the event an owner is not following his team closely, and he starts a player that is obviously not playing due to an injury…or he fails to complete his roster even though it's obvious that he can, the commissioner will change the affected player(s) to ensure a complete lineup of active players is fielded.

This rule will only come into play if absolutely necessary in order to ensure fair play for all.

TRADE DEADLINE
The Trade Deadline for WTT is midnight on Thursday, July 31st. This date coincides with the MLB Trade Deadline. No trades can be made after this day.
ADD / DROP DEADLINES & PROCEDURE
Last year we had two roster deadlines to add and drop players. This year, I have simplified things. Starting in week #16 which will be the beginning of our second divisional games to close out the regular season, all owners can add/drop a maximum of two players per week for the remainder of the regular season.

Once the playoffs begin in week #19, all owners can add/drop a maximum of one player per week for the remainder of the playoffs. All add/drops from week #16 forward will be done via email to me on a first come first serve basis. YOU MUST EMAIL ME your add/drop requests otherwise I will not process them.

SCHEDULE BREAKDOWN
Our schedule is an 18 game/week regular season, followed by 3 weeks of Playoffs during weeks 19 & 20 with the World Series being played during Week #21.

The Regular Season Schedule is broken down as follows:

• Every team plays every team in their division twice - (6 Games)

• Every team plays every other team in the league once – (12 Games)

2008 CONTESTS / AWARDS

All-Star Home Run Derby Champion - $25
The owner who has the HOMERUN DERBY CHAMPION on his team wins this Award.

WTT/MLB World Series Pool - $100
At the end of our WTT Season, the top 8 FINISHERS in the playoffs will participate once again in the
WTT/MLB WORLD SERIES POOL. The WTT Baseball Champion will get the number one pick in this draft. Each of the top 8 finishers will draft a MLB team that makes the real Major League Baseball playoffs. If the team you draft wins the World Series you win. If you don’t make the top 8 FINISHERS, sorry you’re just SOL. Keep in mind the Top 8 is determined by the playoffs...not the regular season.

Weekly High Scorers - $10 Each Week
This one is simple, each week the team with the highest point total will win $10. This is for the 18 week regular season ONLY. This weekly contest takes the place of the Four Quarters contest we’ve done in the past. Now, each week you’re not only trying to beat the team your playing that week, but also trying to outscore everyone else.

League Pick ‘Em Winner - $50
Each League Member will select who they think is going to win each head-to-head match-up for the current scoring period in our WTT League. Just click on “Pick ‘Em” at the top of the league page to make your picks each week. It’s your responsibility to remember to do this.

The League Pick'Em will track each player's picks for the season and calculate standings. The manager at the end of the year…INCLUDING THE PLAYOFFS…who leads the Pick’Em Standings will win this award, which is valued at $50.

$50 Bonus to Both #1 Seeds
The NL and AL teams who win the #1 Seed going into the playoffs also automatically receive a $50 bonus as a reward for being the best team in their respective conference. Just one more thing to battle for during the regular season.

Little League World Series “Champion” - $50
The winner of the Little League World Series will win $50 and his choice of pick in the 2009 WTT Fantasy Baseball Draft.

PLAYOFFS

The League Playoffs will begin in Week 19

8 Teams will make the Winner's Playoffs.

4 Divisional Winners (Regardless of Record) (Seeds 1-4, best record being Seed #1, etc.)
4 Wildcard Teams -- 2 From the American League Divisions and 2 From the National League Divisions (Seeds 5-8, next best records)

The following tie-break criteria will be used to determine both Divisional Champions and Playoff Seeding:

• Best Overall Record
• Best Head to Head Record
• Most Total points
• Heads or Tails (if needed)

PLAYOFF SCHEDULE WTT WORLD SERIES (WINNERS) BRACKET:

WEEK 19:
#1 American League Seed vs. #4 American League Seed
#2 American League Seed vs. #3 American League Seed

#1 National League Seed vs. #4 National League Seed
#2 National League Seed vs. #3 National League Seed

WEEK 20:
#1 vs. #4 American League Winner vs. #2 vs. #3 American League Winner
#1 vs. #4 National League Winner vs. #2 vs. #3 National League Winner

WEEK 21:
WTT WORLD SERIES
American League Champion VS National League Champion

PLAYOFF SCHEDULE LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES (LOSERS) BRACKET:

WEEK 19:
#5 American League Seed vs. #8 American League Seed
#6 American League Seed vs. #7 American League Seed

#5 National League Seed vs. #8 National League Seed
#6 National League Seed vs. #7 National League Seed

WEEK 20:
#5 vs. #8 American League Winner vs. #6 vs. #7 American League Winner
#5 vs. #8 National League Winner vs. #6 vs. #7 National League Winner

WEEK 21:
LITTLE LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP*

*The Little League World Series “CHAMPION” will win $50 and have his choice of pick in the 2009 BASEBALL DRAFT.

PAYOUTS DETAILED SUMMARY

This season, the team that wins the World Series could win a lot more money than in years past because of all the different ways to win $. 15 Teams paid $125 to be in the league. This is how the total $1875 will be divided up:

$1875
- 130 (Paid to CBS to host site)
$1745 left to payout in prizes

Four Divisional Champions - $125 Each / $500 Total
Round One Playoff Winners - $75 Each / $300 Total
Round Two Playoff Winners - $100 Each / $200 Total
World Series Champion - $240
Weekly Top Scorer Winners - $10 Each / $180 Total
League Pick ‘Em Contest Winner - $50
Bonus to both #1 Seeds - $50 Each / $100 Total
Little League World Series Winner - $50
Home Run Derby Champion - $25
WTT / MLB Playoff Pool - $100

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

Here are the things I need from you:

• $125 mailed to:

Jay Estes
3596 Tait Road
Kettering, OH 45439

• For you to show up for the Live Draft on Sunday, March 16, 2008, 6:00 PM EST
• Set your lineup Daily

The following guys have already paid or used their football winnings towards baseball:

AC Mullins – Paid in Full
All the rest of you owe $125.

Hopefully, I have covered absolutely everything. Please, save this email and reference it before you email me with questions throughout the season. I’m glad to have all of you on-board and look forward to the season.

If you have questions, suggestions, whatever…just email me anytime throughout the season...except during the live draft.

Sincerely,
Your WTT Commish
Jay Estes
Jabara@woh.rr.com

SAVE THIS DOCUMENT, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE LEAGUE DURING THE SEASON, LOOK TO THIS DOCUMENT FOR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME WITH THE QUESTION
Jayfo1317
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds