Lidge =>Gordon and R. Soriano=>? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lidge =>Gordon and R. Soriano=>?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lidge =>Gordon and R. Soriano=>?

Postby Geek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Since Lidge is injured for the first month, it seems that Tom Gordon is an automatic pick-up, right?

Also, if Soriano isn't good to go for Atlanta, would Moylan or Gonzales be the better bet to step in and close games?
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lidge =>Gordon and R. Soriano=>?

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Doubt it's Gonzo. He's DLing it for awhile.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby The River » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Gordon will probably start out as closer but I doubt he is the Phils closer for all of April. (Lidge should be back)

Soriano seems like he should be ready to start off the season, if not then Moylan is in.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Mar 10 Todd Zolecki, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Phillies CL Brad Lidge (knee) will throw off the mound Monday, March 10. He remains on schedule to be able to return in time for the season opener. "He's a little ahead of schedule," Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "I don't know how many innings he's going to need [to be ready for the season opener]. He'll need to get out there, that's for sure. We'll get to that point when he's feeling right and he's thrown off the mound a few times."
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Geek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Mar 10 Todd Zolecki, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Phillies CL Brad Lidge (knee) will throw off the mound Monday, March 10. He remains on schedule to be able to return in time for the season opener. "He's a little ahead of schedule," Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "I don't know how many innings he's going to need [to be ready for the season opener]. He'll need to get out there, that's for sure. We'll get to that point when he's feeling right and he's thrown off the mound a few times."

Well, we'll see if his head is fixed.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Diggin4third » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Mon, Mar. 24, 2008
Phillies Notes: Lidge looks good, eyes opening day

Phillies Notes
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Phillies closer Brad Lidge, less than a month removed from surgery on his right knee, pitched a scoreless inning in a minor-league game yesterday and said he hopes to be ready for opening day.

The Phillies have not committed to that yet.

Lidge threw 16 pitches, allowed two hits, and got out of the inning with a double-play ball. He threw all fastballs and sliders. Lidge estimated that his fastball was 91 m.p.h.

"I still need to generate more velocity," he said. "My arm speed is not where it needs to be. But I've got three more outings this week, and I believe it will get a lot better. Those last couple ticks of velocity can only come in a [major-league] game."

Lidge will throw in minor-league games tomorrow, Thursday and probably Saturday. He said his knee felt fine and he believes he will be ready to open the season on time a week from today. Phillies officials are open to that but will not make a decision until later in the week.

"He looks healthy and his stuff is good," assistant general manager Mike Arbuckle said. "Whether he'll be ready for opening day is still to be determined, but there's a chance. The medical people and [pitching coach] Rich Dubee still need to weigh in."
Diggin4third
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Phillies put Lidge on disabled list

By DAVID MURPHY
Philadelphia Daily News

dmurphy@phillynews.com
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Phillies closer Brad Lidge was placed on the disabled list today, retroactive to Friday.

Lidge is eligible to come off April 5, meaning he will miss a minium of the first four games of the regular season.

He has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in February.

Lidge pitched in a minor league game Sunday at the Carpenter Complex. The righthander faced five hitters, loading the bases with two hits and a walk before getting a batter to ground into an inning-ending doubleplay. He threw 19 pitches and did not allow a run, but expressed some dissatisfaction with his velocity and command.

"That's obviously their decision, but at the same time I feel like if I'm not ready for Opening Day, [next Monday] I'll be ready, with the day off, maybe the next day," Lidge said after Sunday's outing. "At this point, my biggest thing is that everything feels OK. I just need to start getting some arm strength and getting sharper." *

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diggin4third » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Phillies put Lidge on disabled list

By DAVID MURPHY
Philadelphia Daily News

dmurphy@phillynews.com
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Phillies closer Brad Lidge was placed on the disabled list today, retroactive to Friday.

Lidge is eligible to come off April 5, meaning he will miss a minium of the first four games of the regular season.

He has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in February.

Lidge pitched in a minor league game Sunday at the Carpenter Complex. The righthander faced five hitters, loading the bases with two hits and a walk before getting a batter to ground into an inning-ending doubleplay. He threw 19 pitches and did not allow a run, but expressed some dissatisfaction with his velocity and command.

"That's obviously their decision, but at the same time I feel like if I'm not ready for Opening Day, [next Monday] I'll be ready, with the day off, maybe the next day," Lidge said after Sunday's outing. "At this point, my biggest thing is that everything feels OK. I just need to start getting some arm strength and getting sharper." *

Well I guess the "Medical People" and pitching coach Rich Dubee have "weighed in"....lol

"He looks healthy and his stuff is good," assistant general manager Mike Arbuckle said. - thanks Mike for the input.
Diggin4third
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby freeling_prideful » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Gordon gets, what, 3-4 saves?
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevethumb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:58 pm

back to the question------pmoylan would appear to be the logical choice for saves...mgonzo is out until mid summer
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Injuries & Player Updates