Teagarden or Bryan Anderson ??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Teagarden or Bryan Anderson ???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teagarden or Bryan Anderson ???

Postby afraudsdirty » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Which one of these catchers do you guys like more ?? And why ???

I am trying to decide on one for my dynasty league.
afraudsdirty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Teagarden or Bryan Anderson ???

Postby cardinal1975 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Teagarden because his defense is almost big league ready where as Anderson's defense may force him from behind the plate where his average bat(at best....think a Jason Kendall type best case without the speed) will be exposed. Teagarden could be a .275-.295 hitter with about 15 hr potential, however should be a solid gap hitter(think double for those in points leagues). Teagarden's arm strength should have returned to above average with any luck being this is his 2nd year removed from TJ surgery.
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby afraudsdirty » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 am

I saw a write up on Anderson last year saying he was comparable to McCann at the same age.

Has his stock sunk so low that his comp is now Jason Kendall ??
afraudsdirty
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:28 am

I have them both rated about the same. I don't think either will be a star, average servicable fantasy catchers. I like Teagarden a little more right now, because I think he is closer to the majors, but when all is said and done I think they will be about equal in value fantasy wise.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby jwhands » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:35 am

BigLebowski wrote:I have them both rated about the same. I don't think either will be a star, average servicable fantasy catchers. I like Teagarden a little more right now, because I think he is closer to the majors, but when all is said and done I think they will be about equal in value fantasy wise.

I agree completely.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:32 am

I don't know guys. Teagarden is forcing the Rangers to push Salty off the dish, which speaks to his defensive ability, which was always his calling card prior to his offensive "discovery". Andersen, on the other hand, is more of a long term backup, and speaks to the overall weakness in the Cardinals system(sans Colby Rasmus).

When you factor in park effects, Teagarden is a guy that is being marked down here despite being in a hitter's haven.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby cards05 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:29 pm

thomasps3 wrote:I don't know guys. Teagarden is forcing the Rangers to push Salty off the dish, which speaks to his defensive ability, which was always his calling card prior to his offensive "discovery". Andersen, on the other hand, is more of a long term backup, and speaks to the overall weakness in the Cardinals system(sans Colby Rasmus).

When you factor in park effects, Teagarden is a guy that is being marked down here despite being in a hitter's haven.

Ehh, the Cards' system is right in the middle right now, but it's not because of Anderson. I think he's overrated and I'd rather take a chance on Teagarden. However, with him, plan on having injury issues.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball