Michael Bourn: An Elite Source of Speed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Bourn: An Elite Source of Speed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Michael Bourn: An Elite Source of Speed?

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:18 pm

He must have been simple to figure out:

21 Ks in 104 games last year
77 in 90 this year

ouch. An elite source of suck indeed.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 am

Super Manny wrote:It seems that some think Bourn will return to the starting lineup shortly (albeit at a lower spot in the order), while others feel that his play has firmly entrenched his spot on the bench. With this said, is Bourn worth a speculative pickup for teams seeking stolen bases...? :-?

(The Bourn owner in my money league, who happens to be the roto leader in steals, just dropped him.)

If you're going to pick Bourn up, you have to treat him like a minor leaguer for the next few weeks. If you have a roster spot open, you need steals, and you can't find anyone on your WW to get steals from, then sure I'd pick him up.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Super Manny » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:22 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
Super Manny wrote:It seems that some think Bourn will return to the starting lineup shortly (albeit at a lower spot in the order), while others feel that his play has firmly entrenched his spot on the bench. With this said, is Bourn worth a speculative pickup for teams seeking stolen bases...? :-?

(The Bourn owner in my money league, who happens to be the roto leader in steals, just dropped him.)

If you're going to pick Bourn up, you have to treat him like a minor leaguer for the next few weeks. If you have a roster spot open, you need steals, and you can't find anyone on your WW to get steals from, then sure I'd pick him up.

Owners of Pierre and Figgins in my league don't want to deal and the best available FAs (aside from Bourn) are Joey Gathright, Randy Winn, and Rajai Davis...not exactly world-changing options. Taveras might be able to be had via trade, but his stats aren't THAT much different from Bourn's...

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Wright2Reyes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:32 pm

He was dropped about a week ago and Wood just hit the DL, so i picked him up. He has a 3 game hitting streak so I'm hoping he can continue to hit and steal bases...
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 pm

does Cooper in Houston know what the hell hes talking about?
what was it a week ago he said Bourn had been sent to the bench and will be replaced by Erstad. everyone freaks out omg drop Bourn, and whats happened?? Bourn has continued to play, moved down from the leadoffspot to the 2nd spot and hes done well there the last 3 games. back to back 2 hit games. i wouldnt really expect much tonight against LH Parra though.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:34 am

SpecialFNK wrote:does Cooper in Houston know what the hell hes talking about?
what was it a week ago he said Bourn had been sent to the bench and will be replaced by Erstad. everyone freaks out omg drop Bourn, and whats happened?? Bourn has continued to play, moved down from the leadoffspot to the 2nd spot and hes done well there the last 3 games. back to back 2 hit games. i wouldnt really expect much tonight against LH Parra though.

Cooper realized that Erstad is useless as a full-time player....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers