Jose Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Reyes

Postby hwilensk261 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:45 am

He's going to have eligibility at 2b and SS? So what do you guys think? A huge yr? To have eligibility at both is awesome.

So what kind of numbers are we looking at? In a 10 team, 5 player keeper league, is it fair to assume he should go in about rd. 3 or so?
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Reyes.... rising quickly

Postby Danimal » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:52 am

I have a similar question. I have him in a keeper league (roto, NL-only and auction draft) and an thinking of keeping him for $2.90. Owners were drooling over him in last year's draft and it will only be worse this year. Is it to much to expect this guy to blossom into a 5-cat guy?
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby unclepaulie » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:57 am

He will give you everything but HR's. My question is what round do you take him in?
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby mightyian5 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:10 am

definitly not round 3. thats quite high for a player that, although he is a mega prospect and had a great half year or so, is still vastly unproven in the big leagues. he should probably fall to a mid round selection and if he doesnt, there just may be someone who was passed up that may be a better fit.
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fumbler » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:33 pm

In the ESPN drafts that i've watched he's gone anywhere from the 5th to the 10th round. The majority of them he goes about the 7th or 8th round. 3rd round is way too high.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:52 pm

I have Reyes as one of my keepers in my H2H keeper league. Actually we get to keep 5 + 1 rookie/late round pick, and he is my rookie keeper.

TSN ranks Reyes as #41 in their top 300. I think that's a little high, especially since they rank him higher than Tejada and Jeter.

He's definitely an enormous talent, but I think there may be too much hype about him. I really see him turning into an Edgar Renteria type player. He could hit double-digits in HRs, but for the most part, he will be a 3-category player - avg, runs, sb

Art Howe is not known to run his players all that much so it will be interesting to see how many SBs Reyes gets. I think a lot may depend on whether he is batting leadoff or 2nd. I'd prefer to see Reyes lead off and Matusi hit 2nd, but some lineup projections I've read have it the other way around.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:53 pm

I have Reyes as one of my keepers in my H2H keeper league. Actually we get to keep 5 + 1 rookie/late round pick, and he is my rookie keeper.

TSN ranks Reyes as #41 in their top 300. I think that's a little high, especially since they rank him higher than Tejada and Jeter.

He's definitely an enormous talent, but I think there may be too much hype about him. I really see him turning into an Edgar Renteria type player. He could hit double-digits in HRs, but for the most part, he will be a 3-category player - avg, runs, sb

Art Howe is not known to run his players all that much so it will be interesting to see how many SBs Reyes gets. I think a lot may depend on whether he is batting leadoff or 2nd. I'd prefer to see Reyes lead off and Matusi hit 2nd, but some lineup projections I've read have it the other way around.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:01 pm

8th round seems about right. I can't see him going before the 5th.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby hwilensk261 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:22 pm

I said that it's a 10 team, 5 player keeper league so the first 5 rds are pretty much out. That's why I said around 3rd rd
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fumbler » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:48 pm

It's hard to say in that case.

It just comes down to who's left and what needs you're looking to fill. If i drafted him it would definitely be for 2nd base. If you think he's the next best available 2nd baseman and you haven't filled that spot yet, then by all means grab him when you can.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers