Thoughts on Nick Markakis: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Nick Markakis:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Thoughts on Nick Markakis:

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:11 pm

overpriced. i see him going too early and too many picks ahead of guys like byrnes, pence, hunter who are similar values.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rib217 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:13 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:overpriced. i see him going too early and too many picks ahead of guys like byrnes, pence, hunter who are similar values.

I drafted Markakis as the 11th pick of rd. 5 in a 12 teamer. I was pretty happy, Got Holliday, Fielder, Berkman, Aram before him.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:overpriced. i see him going too early and too many picks ahead of guys like byrnes, pence, hunter who are similar values.

He will outearn all three of those players, and is going between 5 and 14 picks ahead of them. In Round 4, I think he provides great value.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

He will outearn all three of those players, and is going between 5 and 14 picks ahead of them. In Round 4, I think he provides great value.

yeah i agree. i dont know why torii hunter is mentioned with the other guys ever, considering how inconsistent his sb have been and the potential for him to put up a .270ish avg.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

yeah i agree. i dont know why torii hunter is mentioned with the other guys ever, considering how inconsistent his sb have been and the potential for him to put up a .270ish avg.

Hunter is one o the quietest consistent OF in all of fantasy baseball. I never own him, somehow, but if you look at his yearly stats, he can pretty much promise you .270, 25-30 HR, 90-100 RBI, 80-90 R, and 15-20 SB. Somehow I end up never owning the guy, but you can generally expect almost all of his 5x5s to fall in those ranges, year by year. People like him moving to the AL, etc. etc. etc., alo.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

yeah for hunter, you're paying for track record and security. and the word is that angels will run him more. markakis, pence, and even byrnes can easily put up better numbers but they don't have the track record yet. that said, i have hunter ranked about 15 spots below pence, the lowest of the 3.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ender » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 pm

rib217 wrote:Is the O's lineup really that much different than last year? Obviously if Roberts leaves that is a different story but what is so different from last year? Tejada is gone but you added Jones and Luke Scott. It's pretty much the same, with potential to be better if the young guys develop throughout the year.

It is better than last year. Scott and Jones are both going to be upgrades and Tejada just wasn't that good last year. I don't see his R/RBI changing much unless Roberts gets traded.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers