Soriano question for Ranger fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano question for Ranger fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:16 am

There are some rumors starting around here about the Rangers possibly dealing Soriano for pitching. Just rumors so far, but since Soriano is a very good player at a relatively cheap price and has two arbitration years left, the rumors could grow quite a bit.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:18 am

Madison wrote:There are some rumors starting around here about the Rangers possibly dealing Soriano for pitching. Just rumors so far, but since Soriano is a very good player at a relatively cheap price and has two arbitration years left, the rumors could grow quite a bit.

hmm maybe trade him to the As for one of the big 3 and a mno r leaguer :-B
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby trevisc » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:25 am

last I heard he will get every shot to play in the infield. I'm thinking he'll be either at SS or 2B.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby GameOn » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:Rangers know they arent playing for anything this year. There is absolutely no reason for them to use Eric Young. They are going to experiment with they kids this year in my opinion. Soriano will not be playing the outfield. I think hes going to wind up being given a chance at SS. It will help his value for this season, but long term if he switched to short his value goes down slighty down because SS is deeper than 2b for the time being. He has never played OF,I dont think they will even try him there and in the event that they do to experiment, he will be bad enough there for them to switch him back to the infield very fast.

I completely disagree. There is a reason to play Eric Young...so that you can trade him and get something for him. I mean by mid year Brian Jordan and Eric Young will be gone so they better get some playing time. Young could put good numbers if he starts and they might be able to get somehting in return.

I don't really understand why they want Nix in center. He reminds me a lot of Juan Gon in the field, not real fast but he has a canon for an arm. I saw him play very well in RF, he can get people at third.

I think Nivar would make more sense out there, maybe not right now, but later in the year. I think they should put Soriano in Center, I guess Jordan plays right so put nix in left. Once you trade Eric Young, move Soriano to 2B or SS and move up Nivar.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers