I think my first team is in trouble - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I think my first team is in trouble

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:09 pm

Yeah, my biggest worry when I looked at my team was Beckett and Peavy as my first 2 SP. I heard Lecroy has some promise but dont know much about him and would like to upgrade, but you cant have studs at every position. Feeling alot better about the team now having heard what peopel think of my team. Already looking around my league to see if anybody needs RP and 3B to get somemore pitching. Also, will my OF give me enough power?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:20 pm

No, your outfield does need more power. If you can trade Baldelli to someone who is high on him, you might get good value. I would seriously think about talking to the guy who has Thome and Delgado on the block. Sweeney is nice when he's healthy, but he wont let you sleep good at night. Besides, a big bat like that is exactly what your offense needs - a 1B or OF thumper.
My other suggestion kind of goes against the grain. Im not sure Harden is ready quite yet. He was shelled pretty hard when he started faceing teams for the 2nd and 3rd time last yr, and is a large part of his value is more in name recognition. You might be able to include him as a sweetener in a deal. I think Myers is a solid 4th SP.
Also, dont forget Maddux is still not available, so if there is a chance to move your waiver priority up a bit by holding off on the first rd of waivers, it might pay off for you.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dudecar00 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:26 pm

As suggested before, I'd go for an ace on the staff. You have your HR and RBI covered with Magglio, Soriano, and Tejada. Crawford will do you good for SB's.

I'd trade away either Isringhausen or Kolb, since Percival is the best of your three closers. Try and do Chavez+Kold/Isringhausen to a team that doesn't have a good 3b and maybe short on closers.
Dudecar00
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Yeah I dont know much about Harden except what I saw in a few games against Boston last year. I will keep that in mind though when I start seriously talking about trades. Who knows if Isringhausen will even stay healthy this year. Who has more value Delgado or Thome? I was thinking Delgado since my league uses OBP as a cat along with the regulars. With alot of players out there on waivers, I figure I can wait until waivers clear and move up from 8th on the priority list. When he becomes available will Maddux be on waivers or FA?
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team