CBS Sports line Trade Veto period Sucks!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Sports line Trade Veto period Sucks!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Sports line Trade Veto period Sucks!!!

Postby cwrtlm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 pm

In my league you have 24 hours to veto a trade. One would think that the trade would process then right after the 24 hour period is over, i.e. accepted Mon at 1 pm, processes Tues 1 pm. ESPN works this way. No to them 24 hours is the Supposed veto period, but the trade processes overnight regardless. For instance trade accepted Mon 12 PM, but processes Wed. morning at 12:05 Am. You can still veto the trade after the 24 hour period as long as the vote is cast before the trade processes. I know it happened, I watched my trade get vetoed after the 24 hour period. I have emailed them about it, but don't expect a reply. anyone esle have any thoughts or experiences. I hate CBS! They always screw something up. From now on, I am not going to accept any trades before 10 PM, therefore they will have way less veto time. I accepted my trade at 12 am Sun, 24 hours 12 am Mon, still hasn't processed as of yet and it picked up a veto sometime during the day today after 12 AM. What a screw job by CBS!
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: CBS Sports line Trade Veto period Sucks!!!

Postby RoyalsForever » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 pm

What was the trade? Your team is already pretty stacked.....unbalanced trade? :~( :~(
RoyalsForever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Trade vetos suck. Get rid of it and you won't have this problem!
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:49 pm

CBS says nothing about 24 hours trade veto period. They let you set the number of days people have to veto. They start the clock the next time waivers are processed (i.e. 3 am) and let it run until the waiver time after however many days you select. This is not rocket science and it works the exact same way in Yahoo and it is the same way waivers work in both Yahoo and CBS.

I don't see how It makes a bit of difference to you. If you make a trade at 2 pm on Monday... why do you care if people get an extra 10 hours of veto time, when players wouldn't be active on your roster until the day after anyways? The only reason I can see why you'd be upset is if you are trying to swindle someone and are worried about your rip-off job getting vetoed. Wouldn't you rather have consensus from your entire league instead of just a few people who happened to see that the trade went through?

And as a reply to you said, why even have vetos... just set CBS up to have objections go to the commissioner if there are more than X number of people who didn't like the trade. Then the commissioner can decide whether to veto or not - though even in that case, there is still a period of time where people get to complain, so you wouldn't like that either.

This whole thing sounds like a big complaint about absolutely nothing.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Return to Baseball Leftovers