NYC, $600, LIVE AUCTION TUES. 3/25 ROTO - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

NYC, $600, LIVE AUCTION TUES. 3/25 ROTO

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NYC, $600, LIVE AUCTION TUES. 3/25 ROTO

Postby EdBuzz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Hello Gentlemen,

If you can attend a live auction in NYC on Tuesday, March 25th at 6:30pm and can handle a $600 league entry fee (a partner is fine) and you would like to find a league you can compete in for years to come then I may have the league for you. For those of you somewhat uncomfortable with an auction, I do have the auction bid prices all players went for at last season's auction in order to help assimilate you to our league.

I've got 16 teams currently and I'm looking for 2 more to complete an 18 team league. Our league is non keeper, non h2h. It's 6x6 and it's roto style. Prize payouts are FOR THE TOP FOUR FINISHERS 4,000 2,500 2,000 and 1,500.

We hold an auction for our league. Many of our league members have partners. We rent out a banquet room the night of the auction. We have a hot buffet. We pay an auctioneer and his assistant, who have no part in the league. At 6:30 we open up the floor for any questions and explain in further detail anything that is unclear to any owner, new or returnee, soon after, the auctioneer gets started. This auction is first class and many of us look forward to it year after year. Our league mainly consist of family men in their 30's, 40's on up to retiree's. If you're in sales or a professional it's a good league to network in.

Every team has $260 to spend on 13 hitters, 8 pitchers and a 5 man bench for a total of 26 players.

The auctioneer will write down all 30 MLB teams on little pieces of scrap paper, crumble them up and throw them in a hat. At random he will pull one of these pieces of paper out of the hat, call out the team, let's say the NY Yankees, and then proceed to auction off the players, alphabetically, one at a time. So the first player on the NY Yankees roster is Bobby Abreu. As soon as Abreu's name leaves the auctioneer's mouth pandemonium breaks out. You'll hear someone yell out $1, full well knowing Abreu is worth at least $17 or more, then another team owner will yell out $15 to get it moving and then guys will go with $1 increments until the highest bidder is awarded Abreu for let's say, $19. The next player called off the roster should be Wilson Betemit, who may go for $3 or not at all. Again, please keep in mind that I have players bid prices from last seasons auction in order to help assimilate you to our league. The auctioneer has over a decade's experience of fantasy baseball himself so he'll call out the scrubs too but move quickly past them if there is no bid thus moving the auction along. After the Yankees roster has been called off in it's entirety the auctioneer will then proceed to pull another team roster out of the hat and call off players alphabetically off of that teams roster. This will obviously continue until all 30 teams rosters have been auctioned off. After the auction we will have a re-entry draft in order for teams to fill their remaining spots to complete their team. This will be further explained in the rules.

I always look forward to the night of the auction. I'm excited and so are the rest of the guys. The adrenaline is in the air. What's nice is you get to see the same league members season after season with little turnover.

If you've ever wanted to try a big money league as large as 18 teams, send me an email and I will forward you the rules and answer any questions you may have. You truly don't have to worry about bad trades, due to collision or stupidity, we've got some protection in the rules to guard against it.

Here's my email address edbuzz@optonline.net

You'll learn more about the league when I send you the rules.

Our league may be what you're looking for, give us a shot for one season and you'll wind up staying for more.

Thanks,

Ed Buzz
Manhattan College
Class of 93
Last edited by EdBuzz on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BIG $$$ NYC, LIVE AUCTION TUES. 3/25 ROTO

Postby EdBuzz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 am

:-°

I'm looking for one last owner to close out the league at 18. We're currently at 17 teams.
EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EdBuzz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:01 am

I know some of you think 18 teams is a lot, but we only start 13 hitters and 8 pitchers, plus a five man bench. It's deep, but you're not playing platoon players.

We need one more confident player to close out an 18 team league.
EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EdBuzz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:09 pm

EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach