Phil Hughes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Phil Hughes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Phil Hughes

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:46 pm

hwiggen wrote:In a 13 team snake, I took Hughes with the first pick in the 11th round (#131). Maybe a bit of a reach but wasn't going to chance him making it all the way back around.

First pick in the 11th round may have been a bit early, but it could pay off. I nabbed Hughes in the 10th round of a 16 team league, so that would be comprable to the 13th round in a 12 teamer. (keeper league)
I'm not expecting the world out of him this year, but I could see him being a solid 3rd fantasy starter
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ivanhack » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:43 am

cbs.sportsline

Phil Hughes, SP NYY

News: Yankees SP Phil Hughes struggled against the Pirates Wednesday. He allowed seven hits and seven runs (six earned) in four innings of work. "I was over-striding, overthrowing a little bit," Hughes said. "I got frustrated when a couple of those balls left the yard. I tried to put a little extra on it and that just got me in more trouble." Hughes was tagged for three homers while walking two and striking out three. Hughes allowed only four runs in his previous three starts.

Analysis: Hughes has said for two straight spring starts that he has been overthrowing. Let's hope the Yankees pitching staff can calm him down before the season because a lot of Fantasy owners have plenty riding on Hughes in 2008. Despite his poor start, which every young pitcher will have on occasion, draft him this year as a No. 4 or No. 5 Fantasy SP.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Eightan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:07 pm

rib217 wrote:Got him in Rd 12 of a 12 team roto league

same here.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor