Ryan Doumit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Doumit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ryan Doumit

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:03 pm

soty wrote:Well the more I read everyones notes, the more it scares me to pick him. He has upside, but will he get the playing time? Hard to tell.

Even if he did get playing time, he's been injured so many times in his career that I don't see why it would be any different this year. I guess if he is your last pick and you have the room to carry then he might be worth it but I think there are better choices.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:06 pm

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/wires/03/10/2010.ap.bbn.pirates.pearce.0676/]
Mak was spot on[/url]

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) -Until early Monday morning, Steve Pearce was the Pittsburgh Pirates' top prospect at first base, a position that figures to be filled by Adam LaRoche for a while.

Welcome to right field, Steve Pearce. Left field, too.

With left fielder Jason Bay and right fielder Xavier Nady likely to be the Pirates' most-sought position players in possible trades this season, the Pirates obviously want Pearce ready to go. That means he's now a full-time outfielder.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby colt4523 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Yoda wrote:[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/wires/03/10/2010.ap.bbn.pirates.pearce.0676/]
Mak was spot on[/url]

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) -Until early Monday morning, Steve Pearce was the Pittsburgh Pirates' top prospect at first base, a position that figures to be filled by Adam LaRoche for a while.

With left fielder Jason Bay and right fielder Xavier Nady likely to be the Pirates' most-sought position players in possible trades this season, the Pirates obviously want Pearce ready to go. That means he's now a full-time outfielder.

Will this affect McLouth's playing time?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Nate McLouth doubled twice and walked Monday as the Pirates' leadoff hitter against the Phillies.

McLouth improved to .294/.429/.588 in 17 at-bats, giving him 400 points of OPS over Nyjer Morgan. It's exactly what he needed to do to guarantee that he'd open the season as Pittsburgh's center fielder.

AND

The Pirates plan to use Steve Pearce full time in the outfield this year.

Pearce is a natural first baseman, but he could crack Pittsburgh's lineup in the event of a trade involved Jason Bay or Xavier Nady. He's expected to open the season in Triple-A.
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby soty » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 pm

Looks like Doumit is out of the question now. Thanks guys. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby mak1277 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 am

colt4523 wrote:
Yoda wrote:[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/wires/03/10/2010.ap.bbn.pirates.pearce.0676/]
Mak was spot on[/url]

Will this affect McLouth's playing time?

The answer to this is a resounding 'no'. McLouth is either going to start in CF (ok, he *should* start in CF, we all realize that) or he's going to come off the bench, barring a trade. I do think he would be the initial choice to start in RF if Nady gets traded...unless mgt. feels that Pearce is ready. I agree with GTWMA about Pearce, he's almost certainly going to start the year in Triple A.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Take him with the last pick in the draft. I can almost guarantee he will not be taken, and worst case scenario you can drop him for someone useful.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers