Legendary Cafe Threads - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Legendary Cafe Threads

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:43 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Does anyone actually pay attention to the forum marking around here anymore?

They are utterly meaningless to me. If I visit a forum and leave having read all but one of the threads in that forum, the greater forum listing will still say that show that forum as being unread by me. Never mind that I've been to that forum 10 times today, and the thread that I didn't read was from 2 weeks ago.

Seriously... The forum marking is meaningless now.


yes ive noticed the same thing.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Howie wrote:I stuck it to the unwashed masses with this thread. ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=327099


and thats wasnt even legendary/funny ;-)
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:44 pm

I wouldn't call it 'legendary,' but my 10-page (or however long it was) defense of incest was a good one.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:06 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I wouldn't call it 'legendary,' but my 10-page (or however long it was) defense of incest was a good one.


ha you are right. that was a classic. a memorable one indeed.
Last edited by Snakes Gould on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:54 pm

The DH thread is epic just because of the topic alone.

The part of the DH discussion that always amazes me is about how polarized it is.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:21 pm

StlSluggers wrote:The DH thread is epic just because of the topic alone.

The part of the DH discussion that always amazes me is about how polarized it is.


I'm amazed that people are writing books on a topic that's been beaten to death. O:-)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6581
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:The DH thread is epic just because of the topic alone.

The part of the DH discussion that always amazes me is about how polarized it is.


I'm amazed that people are writing books on a topic that's been beaten to death. O:-)


go start a thread on whether or not bonds should be inducted into the hall of fame and you'll want to beat yourself after reading most of the stupidity there.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby nebgib5 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Howie wrote:I stuck it to the unwashed masses with this thread. ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=327099


and thats wasnt even legendary/funny ;-)

Or gramatically correct. Won't Will Help In Return? C'mon son. }:-)
Image
nebgib5
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 243
Joined: 16 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Caaaaaaambridge

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:31 pm

nebgib5 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Howie wrote:I stuck it to the unwashed masses with this thread. ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=327099


and thats wasnt even legendary/funny ;-)

Or gramatically correct. Won't Will Help In Return? C'mon son. }:-)


Yeah how is that thread even considered funny?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Legendary Cafe Threads

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Yoda wrote:Yeah how is that thread even considered funny?


He took David Ortiz over Ryan Howard.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aidapw18, clintongp2, edgaryl60, francisbm1, keishaml2, louiseav4, paulettewo3, rebalm69 and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact