Dynast League, "Contract" Ideas? Help!?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Dynast League, "Contract" Ideas? Help!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynast League, "Contract" Ideas? Help!?!?

Postby Montana » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 am

I've been running a great 10 team, 5X5 Dynasty League with friends from all over the country the last couple years. In the inaugral season we started with 5 keepers per team, and have added one per season.....

Fantasy Freaks that we are, we're looking to add another wrinkle to our league without having to restart our league from scratch.

Two things we're considering......are adding a "contracts" type deal to the league........something I've greatly appreciate some insight and suggestions on.........and/or some sort of rookie draft, or minor league system....which I could also use some advice on how best to impliment.

Anything anyone could provide in teh way of advice, would be greatly greatly appreciated, by both me, and all my league mates.

Thanks.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League, "Contract" Ideas? Help!?!?

Postby discindead » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 pm

In our dynasty auction league you can sign any players on your roster to a 1, 2, or 3 year contract before the keeper deadline. If you sign them to a 1 year deal you add 6 dollars to their contract, a 2 year adds 5 and 5, and a 3 year adds 5, 4, and 3.

We also have a 5 man taxi squad. You can keep players on your taxi for a maximum of 2 years. You can bring any of the players on your taxi squad up to your roster at any time for 6 dollars. If you do this during the first year they are 6 dollars for the remainder of that season and you have to keep them on your roster for 6 dollars the next. If you bring them up after their first season on your taxi squad they are six dollars and you have to keep them on your roster for 2 years. If you wait until after the second year they are 6 dollars for the first year and you have the option to keep them for a second year for 6 dollars. We have the taxi draft right after our auction and you can put any player that isn't on another teams roster on your taxi squad.

We also have one waiver wire pick we can use during the season. You can pick up any player not on a roster or taxi squad for 6 dollars and you must keep them for 6 dollars the next year.
discindead
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner