Yahoo Draft Problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Draft Problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Draft Problems

Postby hiro101 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:41 pm

I need to vent..

We had our 12 team keeper league draft scheduled tonight, the only good time from now until April I could get everyone together. I spent over an hour setting up Yahoo's "Pre-Draft" selections to select our keepers due to the horrid user interface they provide for doing so.

We begin our draft and the keepers are not represented whatsoever. Since we have 5 keepers, each manager just drafting their keepers as their top 5 would have messed up our draft order. So we devise some wild plan to draft all crap players in the first round, then continue drafting as is so the draft order would be corrected. Sure enough, the draft was allowing each player to select 5 players in order to enter our keepers. We had no idea this was happening, so the first owner selected a bunch of undraftable players. The best part is, Yahoo offers NO live-draft commissioner tools. There is no way to undue the selections or reset, or pause the draft so I can enter the keepers. Therefore, the draft was completely ruined.

Has anyone else run into these issues? Every single year we have insane amounts of trouble with Yahoo live draft. If one person makes one mistake, or one things go wrong, the entire draft is basically ruined since the commissioner does not have any control whatsoever over the draft.

Now i'm trying to scramble to find another draft time to get these 12 extremely busy people together, and get Yahoo to reset our league, and figure out why our keepers didn't come up.

Joe
hiro101
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Draft Problems

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:44 pm

I don't get it.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JimmyBaseball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 pm

For my football last year, we completed the entire draft and when someone in the league went to check his team the day after it was noticed that the team page stated our draft was to be held later that day....curious as we did the draft the night before.

Ends up for some reason it didn't save the draft. It just rescheduled us and we had no idea other than one guy looked at told the rest of us.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 am

hiro101 wrote:I need to vent..

We had our 12 team keeper league draft scheduled tonight, the only good time from now until April I could get everyone together. I spent over an hour setting up Yahoo's "Pre-Draft" selections to select our keepers due to the horrid user interface they provide for doing so.

We begin our draft and the keepers are not represented whatsoever. Since we have 5 keepers, each manager just drafting their keepers as their top 5 would have messed up our draft order. So we devise some wild plan to draft all crap players in the first round, then continue drafting as is so the draft order would be corrected. Sure enough, the draft was allowing each player to select 5 players in order to enter our keepers. We had no idea this was happening, so the first owner selected a bunch of undraftable players. The best part is, Yahoo offers NO live-draft commissioner tools. There is no way to undue the selections or reset, or pause the draft so I can enter the keepers. Therefore, the draft was completely ruined.

Has anyone else run into these issues? Every single year we have insane amounts of trouble with Yahoo live draft. If one person makes one mistake, or one things go wrong, the entire draft is basically ruined since the commissioner does not have any control whatsoever over the draft.

Now i'm trying to scramble to find another draft time to get these 12 extremely busy people together, and get Yahoo to reset our league, and figure out why our keepers didn't come up.

Joe

If you want to PM me whether you are playing the regular or plus game, and the id number of your league (NO passwords, under any circumstances please), at a minimum I can reset your league for you for the time of your choosing. I may or may not be able to figure out why your pre-draft selections didn't "take"; that functionality hasn't been touched in years (for better or worse), and typically just works, so I suspect it is more of a usability issue than a bug.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby Texan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:48 pm

The same thing happened to my league last night. Very frustrating. Fantasy Sports Genie, check your PMs.
Texan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 pm

damn you ppl are scaring me. we just upgraded to PLUS to insert our keepers but it sounds like it wasn't a good idea...

my commish said he already input our keepers into the system for our upcoming draft. does it mean we are going to have to select our keepers with our first several picks again?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Are people only having problems with Plus leagues?
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm

well only PLUS lets you pre-determine keepers and place them on the rosters prior to the draft i believe.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Texan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:20 pm

DO NOT WORRY!! I just received the following PM from Fantasy Sports Genie (works for Yahoo):

"Running off to a meeting, so I didn't read all the detail of your note. Let's see if this covers it:
1) There was a bug in production for a short time that would mess up live drafts for leagues that preassigned keepers. I fixed that bug this morning.
2) If you let me know when you would like to reschedule your draft, I can do so. Just tell me.
3) Resetting your league won't have any of the bad effects you listed. It should just clear out your draft results and reset the draft time.

Hope this helps... I'll check back in after my meeting."

I definitely recommend using Yahoo! Other than the draft bug last night we have never had problems with it. My league is now fixed and ready to draft again.
Texan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 pm

That sums it up pretty well. There was a bug, and it is now fixed. It only manifested itself at the time a draft was actually started, so any league that has set protections but not yet actually drafted should be fine.

The only part I'd amend is the part about PM'ing me to reset your league. At this point I'd recommend going through customer care. With the bug fixed, they are just as capable of resetting a league as I am. The only catch is that they aren't supposed to be writing code, and as I try to squeeze resetting leagues into my schedule, it becomes increasingly likely I'll miss one, or get distracted, or whatever, and the short cut of going through me becomes a long cut. The customer care guys rock; they should know about this problem, so if you tell them what happened, and as for your league to be reset, they can help you out.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers