LIRIANO really chance to start year in Triple A??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

LIRIANO really chance to start year in Triple A???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LIRIANO really chance to start year in Triple A???

Postby callacim » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 pm

I was just wondering the opinion of the rumors that Liriano has a chance to start the year in triple A. I think its bull because minnesota has no pitching and he already looks great. What do you think?
michael callaci
callacim
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LIRIANO really chance to start year in Triple A???

Postby Montana » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:59 pm

I think there's a legitimate chance that happens.

Minnisota's got little chance to win anything this year, and are focused more on rebuilding right now, so the last thing they're gonna want to do, is rush their top pitching prospect.

As someone who just drafted him fairly early in a keeper league, I'm more than ok, with them taking their time with him.......at most he'll maybe miss 3 or 4 starts......before being called back up.

Regardless of where he starts, they're gonna limit his innings for the year, so he'll either start late......or get shut down, before the end of the year.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby McStallen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:40 am

The safe move is to start him in AAA and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. If you have Liriano in a head-to-head league, you will take a hit from that for the beginning of the season, but he should be up in the majors pretty quickly and you should have him for most of the season and the fantasy playoffs- so I don't think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

But in a roto format, a stint in the minors may set you back a little in the standings.

That's a risk you run with pitchers- they are developed alot more carefully than pitchers, and when they are coming off a major injury, teams usually apply kid gloves
McStallen
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby boston_massacre » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:56 am

Even if he does, it will not be long. As far as sending him down to rebuild, that doesn't make much sense to me. They can rebuild with him on the big league roster. They just want to be cautious with him, for very obvious reasons...
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates