YAHOO SCREWED UP MY KEEPER LEAGUE!! HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

YAHOO SCREWED UP MY KEEPER LEAGUE!! HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

YAHOO SCREWED UP MY KEEPER LEAGUE!! HELP!

Postby Texan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm

OK so I just tried to do my 14 team Yahoo Head to Head leauge draft (Live, Online) and I am the commissioner. Before the draft I entered 5 "pre-draft selections" for each team (these were the 5 keepers). According to http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... p-118.html the 5 keepers should have been plugged into their teams at the start of the draft. This did not happen. Instead, each team got 5 first round picks in a row. So the 1st team selected the first 5 players, then the 2nd team selected the next 5... etc. This would have worked if everyone was at the draft but they weren't so teams started picking other teams' keepers and things got so screwed up that everyone left. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?

We are a PLUS league so Yahoo better do something about this. If you read the above link you will see that if I did not enter all the pre-draft selections then the draft would have proceeded as a normal draft. But it was not a normal draft because each team got 5 first round picks in a row. All in all it was very frustrating. I'm surprised I haven't been swearing throughout this post. What should I do??
Texan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO SCREWED UP MY KEEPER LEAGUE!! HELP!

Postby Fantasy Addict » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:44 am

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... index.html

Click on the link above. Once you are at the yahoo help page click the "contact us" tab at the top of the page. I wouldn't demand help, but simply ask if they could restart your league. I am certain they would since you are a plus league.

Another option might be is to be to edit the teams in your league. You can do that if you are the commish. However, that still would not fix the entire draft since I am sure it got messed up because of the problems in the first 5 rounds.

Once you get your league refreshed to start new, make sure all the keeper players are on everyone's do not draft list. This way if everyone isnt there you can be sure the auto draft for the players who aren't don't select the keepers. After the draft insert each team's keepers into their lineups. NOTE: you will have to start the draft with 5 less bench players, and then add 5 bench spots to the league rules after the draft so you are able to insert the keepers. Good luck!
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Fantasy Addict
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Grouperman941 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:55 am

viewtopic.php?t=326187

This is a thread from someone else who this happened to.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Texan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks guys I have PMed Fantasy Sports Genie who had posted in the linked topic. If that doesnt work I will try what Fantasy Addict said to do.
Texan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner