David Price hits 99 mph - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Price hits 99 mph

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby pat1999 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm

arbitration clock? he signed a 6 year deal who cares about arbitration?

personally, if the kid is ready why bother having him waste time in the minors. obviously he isnt ready to pitch 200 innings but I see no reason why you would leave someone with this kind of talent in the minors if he has the mental toughness to handle mlb.
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 289
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: central jersey

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 pm

pat1999 wrote:arbitration clock? he signed a 6 year deal who cares about arbitration?

personally, if the kid is ready why bother having him waste time in the minors. obviously he isnt ready to pitch 200 innings but I see no reason why you would leave someone with this kind of talent in the minors if he has the mental toughness to handle mlb.


Well he still needs to get hitters out but I get your point. It would be stupid to log unnecessary mileage on his arm at AA/AAA if he clearly demonstrates that he is ready to contribute.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:30 am

Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer


As I mentioned before, Price could be on the Lincecum program.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Yoda wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer


As I mentioned before, Price could be on the Lincecum program.


Yea, he could be now, but he wasn't at the begining of ST. His great showing during ST (not just in games) I think made the organization rethink there program with him.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Yoda wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer


As I mentioned before, Price could be on the Lincecum program.


Just as I master Yoda.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer


I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he will start in AAA though. Apparently the front office told Price, McGee, and Davis that the plan was for all of them to open 2008 in AA.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.


Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer


I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he will start in AAA though. Apparently the front office told Price, McGee, and Davis that the plan was for all of them to open 2008 in AA.


They optioned him to minor league camp then? :-?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:They optioned him to minor league camp then? :-?


The wording was AAA, but doesn't specify if that is technically where he will begin the season. Another blurb yesterday said all 3 pitching prospects will start at AA.

EDIT - I'll see if I can find the link.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact