David Price hits 99 mph - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Price hits 99 mph

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Price hits 99 mph

Postby pat1999 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm

arbitration clock? he signed a 6 year deal who cares about arbitration?

personally, if the kid is ready why bother having him waste time in the minors. obviously he isnt ready to pitch 200 innings but I see no reason why you would leave someone with this kind of talent in the minors if he has the mental toughness to handle mlb.
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 pm

pat1999 wrote:arbitration clock? he signed a 6 year deal who cares about arbitration?

personally, if the kid is ready why bother having him waste time in the minors. obviously he isnt ready to pitch 200 innings but I see no reason why you would leave someone with this kind of talent in the minors if he has the mental toughness to handle mlb.

Well he still needs to get hitters out but I get your point. It would be stupid to log unnecessary mileage on his arm at AA/AAA if he clearly demonstrates that he is ready to contribute.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:30 am

Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.

Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Just heard he's been optioned to AAA, not AA. Better chance he gets a call sometime this season methinks.

Thats amazing because talk was of him going to A or AA yesterday. This combined with the article I posted in ST News makes me think he will be up this year now.

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I think the pressure of media and others around Tampa wanting him up and the fact that he has looked outstanding in ST is driving this. If he dominates AAA you could see him up in mid summer

As I mentioned before, Price could be on the Lincecum program.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Yoda wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Yea, he could be now, but he wasn't at the begining of ST. His great showing during ST (not just in games) I think made the organization rethink there program with him.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Yoda wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Just as I master Yoda.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he will start in AAA though. Apparently the front office told Price, McGee, and Davis that the plan was for all of them to open 2008 in AA.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I guess it doesn't necessarily mean he will start in AAA though. Apparently the front office told Price, McGee, and Davis that the plan was for all of them to open 2008 in AA.

They optioned him to minor league camp then? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:They optioned him to minor league camp then? :-?

The wording was AAA, but doesn't specify if that is technically where he will begin the season. Another blurb yesterday said all 3 pitching prospects will start at AA.

EDIT - I'll see if I can find the link.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers