An Introduction - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates

An Introduction

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

An Introduction

Postby BravesBoy » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:17 pm

Written by Josh Brady, Saturday, March 01, 2003

The Pittsburgh Pirates haven’t had a winning season in over a decade. The most exciting thing there has been to report on this team in the past 15 years was Barry Bonds 1990 season when he became only the 2nd player in Major League History to hit for over 30 Home Runs and steal over 50 bases. But the Pirates still have a fan base, and they still have players who are waiting to break out for that season when everything goes their way and they get back to their winning ways. It’s another long shot for the Pirates this year, but fans such as me are still hopeful for a return to glory.

Reggie Sanders has played in the past two World Series, last year for the Giants, the year before that for the World Champion Diamondbacks. Randall Simon has made numerous defensive contributions early in spring training, showing he is more than just a bat. Matt Herges has pitched a few scoreless innings so far this spring. And then you have the returning familiar faces, All-Star players like Brian Giles and Mike Williams, second year pitchers Josh Fogg and Kip Wells will be pitching alongside what the Pirates thought their ace would be a few years ago and are still waiting for him to recover from Tommy John surgery, Kris Benson. The defensive force of Jack Wilson. Aramis Ramirez’s strong arm to go along with an underachieving bat. Once again, the Pirates are a long shot and most people tell them not to even play this season because they won’t get anything accomplished. My friends you wait, because this season has the makings of having a great run and leaving many shocked.
Despite all my rage
I am still just a rat in a cage
BravesBoy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates