BronXBombers51 wrote: jake_harv88 wrote:
This is just another example of the yankees being the most classless organization in all of sports...
I think that's a little strong, no?
I dont think thats strong at all. Remember the yankees have a HUGE history of absolutely classless acts. Just to name a few...
- Arod slapping the ball out of a glove to reach first base
- Don Zimmer charging the mound (i dont like pedro's reaction but an 80 yr old should never do that period, he brought it on himself)
- Steinbrenner getting suspended for connections with the mob and gambling problems
- "Firing" billy martin about 100 times
- Not having the balls to fire torre and instead insulting him with a 2 mil paycut
Hank and Hal have only followed in these footsteps as they have already been hit with tampering charges this off-season and saying some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. But hey I would be mad too if I were the only franchise in any sport to lose a series after being up 3-0