Taking out catchers in Spring Training? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Taking out catchers in Spring Training?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Taking out catchers in Spring Training?

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 am

bigh0rt wrote:What a tool...
Yanks' Duncan still doesn't know why Rays reacted to spikes-high slide

"I saw it a couple times," Duncan said Thursday. "I still don't understand why they were as upset as they were."

ESPN | Full Article

Duncan can't come out and say that he did it on purpose and that it was premeditated, that might affect how long he is going to be suspended(if he is). Duncan knows that he did it on purpose, though I don't think he meant for it to be that obvious. If he means Gomes running in all the way from RF and trying to tackle him, then I don't really think that was necessary either. Also, I don't think that Girardi told Duncan to take out Iwamura, I think he did that on his own. Had I been managing, I would have plunked Crawford in the rear in the first inning and that would have been it. Taking out Iwamura was a little too much, but I would have rather that happened than nothing and just sweeping it under the rug.

Regarding Longoria getting hit, I don't even think that was on purpose. Longoria was the 7th batter of the inning, there had already been a run scored and there were two men on base. The pitch grazed his jersey, and I don't think it actually hit his body.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:53 am

Also, Duncan will be in the lineup for the game against the Rays tomorrow. If they don't bean Duncan, then I think that will be the end of it. If they hit him, it's going to escalate throughout the season.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Suspension have come out...

Duncan - 3 games
Gomes - 2 games
Melky - 3 games

Girardi, Long, and Meachem all got fined.

Apparently Melky punched Longoria, I had never heard that.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:12 pm

These are regular season suspensions. I guess ST suspensions would be useless but I didn't really expect them to hand out real suspensions.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Amazinz wrote:These are regular season suspensions. I guess ST suspensions would be useless but I didn't really expect them to hand out real suspensions.

Well if they didn't do anything about it, it would just keep escalating throughout spring training. Hopefully, it's all over now. :-°
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:00 pm

We will see tomorrow.
I do not know if the Rays will retaliate now or wait until the season starts...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Please let the Rays plunk Duncan tomorrow right in his bum. This is getting fun.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers