Yunel Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Yunel Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yunel Trade

Postby MaudDib » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:22 pm

I posted this in the Trade forum as well but since this has to do with Lars I figure I might get so good info here as well.

I have a trade on the table for Yunel Escobar. It is basically Lyon and Yunel for Lars Anders. For those who don't know Lars is probably the heir to the 1st base postion/DH in a few years. He is still young but has tremendous power potential. I don't need Brandon Lyon but having anotehr closer is never a bad thing. So basically is Escobar worth having in a Dynasty league? Did I mention that this was a Dynasty with minor league rosters? It is and that is where Lars is at right now, in the minors. I already have Troy Tulo at SS so I don't have a need there either. So is it the time to buy on Yunel or is he a bottom of the pack SS. Thanks in advance and as always WHIR.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yunel Trade

Postby BigLebowski » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Without seeing your roster..kinda hard to tell. I personally wouldn't trade Lars Anderson for Lyon and Yunel, unless I needed a closer and a servicable SS. I think Yunel turns into a draftable SS but not one who is top 10.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Yunel is an ideal back-up player this year, having SS, 2B, and 3B eligibility in most leagues. Factor in that he is raking this spring, and my advice is not to trade him. I do like Lars though. Any other way to make this trade happen?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby KDOGG » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Yunel is an ideal back-up player this year, having SS, 2B, and 3B eligibility in most leagues. Factor in that he is raking this spring, and my advice is not to trade him. I do like Lars though. Any other way to make this trade happen?

I think he is trading Lars for Yunel and Lyons. If thats the case I def. make this trade. I think Escobar will breakout this year.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Yep, I have Lars. Here is my roster. My RP is a little weak.\

I hear, I don't remember where, that Escobar could be the next Hanley Rameriz. That surprised me because I didn't think he had the speed or the power.

C - McCann
1st - Pujols, Kotchman
2nd - Kendrick, Felipe Lopez
SS - Tulo
3rd - Gordon
OF - Sizemore, Delmon Young, Markakis, Butler,Lastings Milledge,Jeremy Hermida, Travis Buck, Rick Ankiel,Jermaine Dye

SP - Felix, Carmona, Matt Cain, Dustin McGowan Dice-K, Ervin Santana, Homer Bailey, Pelfrey, Wainwright, Adam Lowoen, Daniel Cabrera

RP - BJ Ryan, Capps, Pena

Minor League Notables
Bruce, Cueto, Brandon Wood, Tabata, Wieters, Lincoln, Lars Anderson, Pedro Alvarez, Tim Beckham, Justin Smoak
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 am

I would deal Lars for those two. I think Lyon loses the job sometime this season, but I like Escobar that much
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwhands » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:17 pm

I would deal Lars for them. Lyon is going to be guaranteed the closer spot, and Yunel is already penciled in at the top of the order. Lars is still a risky prospect who has to do a lot of work just to make the big leagues. There are several Lars-type of players available in the minor league draft in the future, so take good value for him while he is still a risky option.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:04 pm

MaudDib wrote:I hear, I don't remember where, that Escobar could be the next Hanley Rameriz. That surprised me because I didn't think he had the speed or the power.

He doesn't. There's zero chance he becomes the next Hanley because he's nowhere near as fast and he doesn't project to hit for much power. IMO there's no point in wasting a bench spot on a guy whose only asset is his avg. There's also a good chance Lyon will lose his job at some point during the season. I wouldn't trade a potential future top 5 1B for minor contributions in '08.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby powenM » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:39 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I hear, I don't remember where, that Escobar could be the next Hanley Rameriz. That surprised me because I didn't think he had the speed or the power.

He doesn't. There's zero chance he becomes the next Hanley because he's nowhere near as fast and he doesn't project to hit for much power. IMO there's no point in wasting a bench spot on a guy whose only asset is his avg. There's also a good chance Lyon will lose his job at some point during the season. I wouldn't trade a potential future top 5 1B for minor contributions in '08.

Totally agree. Besides your infield is set. Oh yeah u said he'd be a bench guy :-D

Need prospect Gurus to help me with Clay bucholz deal
viewtopic.php?p=2626389#p2626389
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball