S.O.S. Please help me with my 1st and 2nd pick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

S.O.S. Please help me with my 1st and 2nd pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

S.O.S. Please help me with my 1st and 2nd pick

Postby Sons of Slam » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:59 pm

I belong to a 10 team/AL/NL/keeper league. We start 2 players at each infield pos, 4OF/1 DH/ 4SP,2 RP p/week. I pick 8 in the 1st rd and 4th in the 2nd rd. Some of the major scoring stats that apply to our league:.............Hitting scoring rules: Single=1pt,Double=2pts, Triple=3 pts, HR=2 pts, RBI=1pt, Runs= 1pt, Total Base = 1 pt, SB= 3pt, K=-1pt......Pitching scoring rules: W=4pt, L=-1pt, Inn=2pt,K's=2pt,Earned Runs=-1pt, BB=-.5pt, Hits Allow=-.5pt, Saves=10pt, Blown Save=-3pt, Qual Start=4pt
My keepers:Arod, Zito, Abreu, Dunn, Huff, O.Hudson
Potential available 1st rd picks: M.Ordonez, Sosa, Giambi, Soriano,Berkam,Green,C.Jones,Giles,Beltran,Bagwell,Sweeney,Thome,Wood,Oswalt,Smoltz,Gagne,Mulder,Hudson,Mussina,Halladay
Potential available 2nd rd picks:LGonzalez,Konerko,BWilliams,Sheffield,Stewart,Palmeiro,Ichiro,A.Boone,Vidro,Walker,AJones,Prior,Percival,Clement,Esocbar,Wolf,Benitez,Wagner,WMiller,Contreras,Buehrle,Vasquez
Please rank the listed available players, maybe that will help me with my 1st and 2nd rd picks....Thanks to all Remember I pick 8th in the 1st rd and 4th in the 2nd rd.
Sons of Slam

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

1st and 2nd round picks

Postby zeppo55 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:21 pm

Looking at your league positions and scoring I would go with SOriano as the 1st round pick.Middle infield positions are tough to fill with solid players...the depth is not there and if you get the chance to get Soriano in a keeper league with your scoring I would go for it.

2nd round pick is difficult and you may want to go with pitching and Wade Miller will be a stud for years if he is not over pitched.Good luck
"Wherever you go,there you are."
zeppo55
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers