laroche down--nomar up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

laroche down--nomar up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

laroche down--nomar up

Postby stevethumb » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:23 am

start scrambling---andy laroche tore a ligament in his thumb and is out 8-10 weeks
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: laroche down--nomar up

Postby livinginarizona » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:06 pm

There are better options out there than Nomar. Don't know why anyone would be drafting Laroche anyways (unless you're in a keeper league), personally I'd rather take Hank Blalock, Alex Gordon, Ty Wiggington or Iwamura if they are available.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The River » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:13 pm

I have not considred Roche a draft option in all my mocks so far, since I am in love with Hank Blalock. But don't tell anyone! lol ;-D
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby livinginarizona » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:17 pm

The River wrote:I have not considred Roche a draft option in all my mocks so far, since I am in love with Hank Blalock. But don't tell anyone! lol ;-D

Blalock will be the steal of the draft, kind of like my Victorino pick last year in round 22! I won't tell anyone if you don't....I'm targetting him in my draft tomorrow night.

But to the topic on hand, avoid Nomar like the plague. About the only Dodger I would consider drafting for my team this year is Furcal.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sliders51 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:32 pm

livinginarizona wrote:
The River wrote:I have not considred Roche a draft option in all my mocks so far, since I am in love with Hank Blalock. But don't tell anyone! lol ;-D

Blalock will be the steal of the draft, kind of like my Victorino pick last year in round 22! I won't tell anyone if you don't....I'm targetting him in my draft tomorrow night.

But to the topic on hand, avoid Nomar like the plague. About the only Dodger I would consider drafting for my team this year is Furcal.

Martin, Kemp, Loney, Billingsley, Saito?
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:57 pm

The only good news about this injury is that it was accidental and shouldn't contribute to his current injury prone reputation. I was looking forward to seeing him play from the start, had him as my NL ROY frontrunner because he's much more polished than many other rookies.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby boston_massacre » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Insignificant.
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:45 pm

didn't take long for nomar to be nomar, getting injured on his hand. he's been out for few days. anyways where is nomar going to bat?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Fantasy Addict » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:didn't take long for nomar to be nomar, getting injured on his hand. he's been out for few days. anyways where is nomar going to bat?

Last year he batted 3rd a lot, but would be moved periodically to the sixth spot. With the signing of Jones I would say he will be batting in the 6th slot this season. Still, if you need a second 3rd baseman on your roster because you own a guy like Chipper then Garciapara and his decent avg. will be worth snagging if you have the bench room.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Fantasy Addict
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

i was so mad i didn't know this knews before i drafted in my dynasty league last night!! i drafted him to succeed braun at 3B because next year he will lose eligilbitily and i figured i'd let laroche ride the pine while he learned how to be a starter in the league and i would start him next year. i hope he gets back quick and healed so that he can get all his rook. mistakes out of the way so he can be solid for me next year, my only other option i drafted was mark reynolds!
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates