Roster After Monster Deals....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Roster After Monster Deals.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roster After Monster Deals.......

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:45 am

i just completed some decent robberies here, and wanted to know any thoughts about my 10 team 5x5 roto roster.
c benjie molina
1b pujols
2b brandon phillips
3b david wright
ss miguel tejada
of manny
of c. lee
of tori hunter
util hafner
bn brad hawpe

sp harang rp Izzy
sp smoltz rp Capps
p vazquez p brian wilson
bn chien-ming wang p k. gregg
bn carmona
bn ian snell

i do have a roster spot open after the last deal goes through saturday morning. best five i see avail, though they are all on the W holding period, are Bourn, Votto, Lyon, Willis(ugh), and Howry.
obviously i have a logjam in the OF, and having pujols and hafner lockup my 1b and util.
i guess my main question is; is it time to go after a top 5 SP with a 2 for 1 here? are those deals even worth it? and even though the closers i have are lower guys, do i just grin and bear it and take the saves?
any answers or additional thoughts would be appreciated, as this one of my two Big Leagues.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roster After Monster Deals.......

Postby BAdams21 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:00 pm

first thing is first, you pick up lyon because he will be a top 7 closer as far as save chances go.

Now you have great power, great rbis, your average will be decent, top 4 most likely, but your fat, no speed. the runs will be there , overall im looking at about 33 points as far as you O goes.

Your pitching is a little lackluster in a few cats, although the guys you have are decent, there names grab your attention more then their actual value as some of them are only 2-3 cat pitchers (out of 4 not including saves for starters and wins for closers)

harang and vazquez will lite up the ks, but have about a 3.8 era, with maybe 20-23 wins combined. now 10 wins a pitcher isn't that bad, but in a league like this you should have at least 2 pitchers who will get you 14+ wins easily Wang will be your ace, getting you 17-22 wins this year, but he will have about a 3.8 era himself, and maybe 140ks. Carmona is the opposite, 3.3 era, 14+ wins, but only about 140 ks.

so basically what im trying to say is that you need to get more wins, more ks, and a lower era. How do you do that? by trading a 2-1 for a top 5 pitcher as basically like you asked.

With the addition of Lyon, your closers will be Lyon, Izzy, Capps, Gregg. Combined they should give you around 120, realistically you will get about 90-100 of those in your league play.
BAdams21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 pm

is a deal of: manny/wang or snell for webb a good deal?
or: manny/wang or snell for lackey?

or should i sit on manny and try somethin else?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:28 pm

also, does it make sense to grab lyon while i already have izzy, capps, b. wilson, and k. gregg. are 5 closers too much, even though ive done it before?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team