Please rate my keeper team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my keeper team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my keeper team

Postby RC17 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:15 am

This is a 10-team, 5X5 keeper league at which keeper picks are kept in the round the player was originally drafted. I'll identify which picks were keepers and what round they were kept at to the side:

C- Russell Martin (Keeper, 22nd round)
1b- Lance Berkman (Keeper, 2nd round)
2b- Robinson Cano
3b- Aramis Rameriez
SS- Miguel Tejada
CI- Chipper Jones
MI- Kelly Johnson
OF- Corey Hart (Keeper, 23rd round)
OF- Hunter Pence (Keeper, 26th round)
OF- Juan Pierre
OF- Jeremy Hermida
OF- Corey Patterson
Util - Ryan Braun (Keeper, 27th round)
Bench- Frank Thomas
Relief Pitchers: Billy Wagner, Rafael Soirano, Joakim Soria, Eric Gagne
Starting Pitchers: Scott Kazmir, John Smoltz, James Shields, Francisco Lirariano, Chad Billingsley, Rich Harden, Randy Johnson, Hiroki Kuroda, Mark Prior.

I'd say my biggest weakness is the injury risk in starting pitching, but that was a calculated risk in order to get a lot of guys with the ratios I was looking for (good K/9, good WHIP). Once Braun qualifies for OF (5 games), I'll move him out there and possibly bring Thomas into the utility slot. Probably bench Patterson in that case. Any thoughts, comments are very welcome.
RC17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my keeper team

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 pm

Wow, I really like this team, especially for a keeper.

The infield is solid all-around...although it would look even better if you had Braun starting at 3B. Obviously it makes no difference, it just kind of threw me off. I like Hart, Hermida and Pence in the outfield, but I'm not thrilled with Pierre and Patterson, mostly because neither of them is guaranteed a job. Your bullpen is very solid, and your starting pitching has MASSIVE potential with Kazmir, Shields, Liriano and Billingsley.

Edit: Just saw that you are planning to move Braun to OF...yeah, that would give it a better look. Either way, this is a very nice team and should be a winner for a years to come.

Please help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=325423
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RC17 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks for the input. I definitely feel like Pierre and Patterson are my weakest players, but they are pretty much both there just so I can compete in SB. My draft plan was to get Brian Roberts with the 2nd overall pick and not worry about steals, but he went 1st overall so I had to scramble for steals later. It worked out well because I was able to get A-Ram there, and then grab Cano about 4 rounds later, but that did force me to roster Pierre and take a late gamble with Patterson.
RC17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Nitrayn » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:58 pm

moving Braun to the OF will be huge for this squad. I like it much better when that move is made. You have some great keepers there.

I like your RP, your SP will hinge greatly on health(Kazmir,Prior,Liriano,Unit) there health could possibly make or break you, keep an eye on some other pitchers, maybe you could package some speed(Pierre or Patterson) and a closer to get a little more reliable guy in the rotation.

Thanks for the help on mine
Nitrayn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Trizza » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks for rating my team.

Your team looks good and should improve once you can move Patterson out because having him and Pierre is a problem. The pitching is a big gamble, but I think Johnson and Prior is the most likely to be out the most. I might target a free agent pitcher you can get when one of them is out.
Trizza
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AEMRICH » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:25 pm

nice looking team for a keeper league. I love some of your late round picks from last year awesome job. Braun moving to the OF will replace Corey Patterson in your lineup. It is nice to have 4 closers on your squad that should really help you out, just hope that Soriano stays healthy. Like everyone else said Pierre and Patterson are your weak links but i get the feeling Pierre is going to get a chance for full time AB's and i wouldn't be surprised if he starts hot if he stays in the lineup. Your pitching has a lot of guys who have a vast amount of potential they just need to stay healthy, you have a lot of K's with that staff. I count though about 7 big time injury risks in your rotation so make sure to watch who is available for FA
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby garrioch13 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 pm

I think Hermida is gonna break out huge this year and your pitching staff has enormous upside. I love the infield,too. Braun in the 22nd..now that is a keeper.
garrioch13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kfix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm

I agree that OF is your weakest area right now. Braun will be a nice addition there. I also drafted Hermedia and hoping for a breakout year like the 2nd half of last season from him. Nice job in your draft and good luck this season.
kfix
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team