I like my team, but what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I like my team, but what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I like my team, but what do you think?

Postby RoyalsForever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:47 pm

10-team Auction Roto keeper 6x6 (5x5 cats with OPS and Losses)

C - J. Towles
1 - M. Teixera
2 - BJ Upton
3 - M. Cabrera
SS - M. Tejada
OF - N. Markakis
OF - L. Berkman
OF - C. Young
U - M. Ramirez
BN - S. Victorino
BN - Adam LaRoche
BN - E. Encarnacion
BN - J. Votto

SP - S. Kazmir
SP - F. Hernandez
SP - J. Shields
SP - J. Vazquez
SP - R. Hill
RP - J. Valverde
RP - M. Corpas
RP - C. Cordero
BN - G. Sherrill
BN - J. Broxton
BN - J. Bonderman
RoyalsForever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I like my team, but what do you think?

Postby Lickitysplit131 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:44 am

Honestly I don't see any holes on this team at all, but it is a 10 team league and most teams in your league probably have teams as good as this one. If you can, I would look to ship Miguel Tejada and a SP for a top tier SS. If you can't do that, which is more then likely, look to ship Tejada for a speedy SS.

Your power numbers will be fine with the likes of Tex/Berkman/Carbera/Manny with good contributions from everywhere else as well. I'm more concerned with speed and maybe runs considering that you don't have a single 30+ SB besides Victorino who isn't worth starting over any of the starters on your team(besides towles).

You have a few questions at SP. Don't get me wrong, I love your SP and I'm high on a lot of those guys. But Vazquez won't be throwing 200 Ks again this year and Shields and Hill you have no idea how they will perform on their 1st year off of a full MLB season. I said this before to someone in this forum as well, but look to get a vet where you know what you'll get from him. Someone like Ted Lilly or Gil Meche would be useful and you can probalby pick up very cheap.

I won't even rate your RPs. Youll find 5 40 + sv RPs in the first 3 weeks of the season just laying around in the FA pool. Just keep an eye out early to nab the hottest players.

The only problem I really see on your team is depth. All the other things I mentioned could be argued against because it's really a preference of players.
Lickitysplit131
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Re: I like my team, but what do you think?

Postby Bodolla » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 am

Lickitysplit131 wrote:Honestly I don't see any holes on this team at all, but it is a 10 team league and most teams in your league probably have teams as good as this one. If you can, I would look to ship Miguel Tejada and a SP for a top tier SS. If you can't do that, which is more then likely, look to ship Tejada for a speedy SS.

Your power numbers will be fine with the likes of Tex/Berkman/Carbera/Manny with good contributions from everywhere else as well. I'm more concerned with speed and maybe runs considering that you don't have a single 30+ SB besides Victorino who isn't worth starting over any of the starters on your team(besides towles).

You have a few questions at SP. Don't get me wrong, I love your SP and I'm high on a lot of those guys. But Vazquez won't be throwing 200 Ks again this year and Shields and Hill you have no idea how they will perform on their 1st year off of a full MLB season. I said this before to someone in this forum as well, but look to get a vet where you know what you'll get from him. Someone like Ted Lilly or Gil Meche would be useful and you can probalby pick up very cheap.

I won't even rate your RPs. Youll find 5 40 + sv RPs in the first 3 weeks of the season just laying around in the FA pool. Just keep an eye out early to nab the hottest players.

^^^^^this man knows ;-D nice post

The only problem I really see on your team is depth. All the other things I mentioned could be argued against because it's really a preference of players.
Bodolla
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team