Why is the advertising talking to me? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why is the advertising talking to me?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby menyak » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:39 pm

Found her. :-) Removed her as well, it'll take appr. 1 hour for the changes to take effect, but then she'll be gone for good. Bye sweetheart! <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days

Postby cwebb » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:32 pm

Real annoying ads are the ones on major sports sites, that contract after some time and make it impossible to hit the link you want to click on. :-t

And I'm quite happy the Cafe stays free and menyak is able to remove those very annoying ads.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1106
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: in scoring position

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:51 pm

menyak wrote:Found her. :-) Removed her as well, it'll take appr. 1 hour for the changes to take effect, but then she'll be gone for good. Bye sweetheart! <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>


Thanks menyak..... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby kentx12 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:29 pm

Thanks Menyak ;-D
Image

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby M_Zimm » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:18 pm

Not to be picky about ads but there is a new one for Orbitz i think that keeps popping down on my screen. It like unrolls and it in the middle until you hit X.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby menyak » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:56 am

M_Zimm wrote:Not to be picky about ads but there is a new one for Orbitz i think that keeps popping down on my screen. It like unrolls and it in the middle until you hit X.

As far as I know we're not running any Orbitz campaigns at all (let alone the intrusive stuff you are referring to). Any more info would be appreciated.
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days

Postby Madison » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:59 am

:-? I haven't seen that one yet. I'll be sure and let you know if I do. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby M_Zimm » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:39 am

menyak wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:Not to be picky about ads but there is a new one for Orbitz i think that keeps popping down on my screen. It like unrolls and it in the middle until you hit X.

As far as I know we're not running any Orbitz campaigns at all (let alone the intrusive stuff you are referring to). Any more info would be appreciated.

I think it was Cheap Tickets actually, it was some plane ticket seller, I know that much. I haven't seen it in the past couple hours but it came up a couple times yesterday.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby M_Zimm » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:59 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
menyak wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:Not to be picky about ads but there is a new one for Orbitz i think that keeps popping down on my screen. It like unrolls and it in the middle until you hit X.

As far as I know we're not running any Orbitz campaigns at all (let alone the intrusive stuff you are referring to). Any more info would be appreciated.

I think it was Cheap Tickets actually, it was some plane ticket seller, I know that much. I haven't seen it in the past couple hours but it came up a couple times yesterday.

Okay, it happened again, it was on the football side actually. It was Cheaptickets.com and it said Escape Now.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Postby M_Zimm » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:03 am

Now that I saw it again it has happened a couple of times. :-[ It is like I said before, a advertisement at the top and then a banner like thing comes down and sits there for a few seconds or until you hit the little X on it. The banner says "Escape Now" and it is for cheaptickets.com.
Image
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 405
Joined: 4 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vouching for a new stadium for the Twinkies

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact