G Soto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

G Soto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

G Soto

Postby stumpak » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 am

This guy had a monster year at Iowa last year and it on everyone's radar thanks to his strong albeit brief performance after his call-up.

I know very little about him, but his minor league stats are quite interesting. He never showed much power until last year, when he more HRs in 400 ABs than he did the other 1500+ ABs of his minors career. Anyone have an explanation for how this guy suddenly hit like Mike Piazza last year?

Long-term, what is reasonable to expect from this guy? I find it interesting that PECOTA seems pretty high on him for 2008 (50% star or superstar probability).
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: G Soto

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:08 pm

stumpak wrote:Anyone have an explanation for how this guy suddenly hit like Mike Piazza last year?

He just developed? I just read yesterday that his plate discipline was pretty polished. Check the whole smackdown article over at Sickels site (minorleagueball.com)

stumpak wrote:Long-term, what is reasonable to expect from this guy? I find it interesting that PECOTA seems pretty high on him for 2008 (50% star or superstar probability).

The interesting thing about PECOTA is that his BETA score is so low (which essentially means that the system has a high level of confidence that his projection is accurate). They also project him to hit the third most HRs for any catcher, only 1 or 2 behind Martinez.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball