Rate My Roster (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Roster (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate My Roster (WHIR)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Nice team. You have good offensive balance there. A lot of bargain picks, especially Berkman, Phillips, D. Lee, and Zimmerman. I'm really not sure who you were drafting against.

I like the upside of your SP. Keep an eye on your closer situations. Fantastic bargain picks for the closers, but you'll really have to keep a close eye on how those situations play out and on the candidates to win the closing jobs.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby boston_massacre » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 pm

I didn't read other people's responses so forgive me if i sound redundant...

Your lineup is amazing!!!

Your starting pitching could use an ace even though I do like the guys you have...you could afford to trade off some of that value you had picking for some pitching help.

Reliever is not a strong spot for you either, but that's a position that can work itself out. Every year guys come out of nowhere to be great closers...for that, I wouldn't make any trades, but be sure to keep your eyes out for what stud will step up this year...

Overall, I'd say you def. have a contender though...
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby goalyboy13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I think you analyzed your team pretty well. Great offense, blue-collar pitching staff (hard-workers who grind out good seasons). I still would like to have a guy that I am confident will get me K's, W's and decent ERA. But you should be fine with a bunch of 13/14 game winners, rather than a 17 game winner and a few 10 game winners.
There are two things that can go terribly wrong in a draft, one is nowhere near as bad as the other. You can get to a spot where there is no value in the top 5 or 6 guys on the board, so you make a reach, that is the one that makes you feel like you had a bad draft. The other is when there is so much value that you end up taking a guy who might not be the best pick for your team, but is the best pick available. If I had the first two outfield picks that you had, I would have so much trouble taking Berkman, and would probably have grabbed a pitcher.
But I think it worked out pretty well for you, and you can always move him to first if necessary.
goalyboy13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby goalyboy13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I think you analyzed your team pretty well. Great offense, blue-collar pitching staff (hard-workers who grind out good seasons). I still would like to have a guy that I am confident will get me K's, W's and decent ERA. But you should be fine with a bunch of 13/14 game winners, rather than a 17 game winner and a few 10 game winners.
There are two things that can go terribly wrong in a draft, one is nowhere near as bad as the other. You can get to a spot where there is no value in the top 5 or 6 guys on the board, so you make a reach, that is the one that makes you feel like you had a bad draft. The other is when there is so much value that you end up taking a guy who might not be the best pick for your team, but is the best pick available. If I had the first two outfield picks that you had, I would have so much trouble taking Berkman, and would probably have grabbed a pitcher.
But I think it worked out pretty well for you, and you can always move him to first if necessary.

viewtopic.php?t=326299
goalyboy13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:37 pm

You look great! Saves are the only weakness, and it is only slight (Lyon is the biggest if). As you said, you can make that up. You may want to think about tossing back someone like Justin Upton and picking up someone who might be in line to get saves, like Tom Gordon or Accardo. Or at least get Pena to cover for Lyon.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby surfanimal » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 am

Jesus, amazing draft! Your offense is SOLID. You've got a bunch of young arms, but they've all got the potential to break-out. Really, as of right now, the only downfall I see are your closers, and in any league, closers aren't really a downfall, just dime a dozen.
Rate My Roster, I'll return the Favor!
viewtopic.php?t=326450
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329191
surfanimal
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Neal Sandman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:50 am

Looks like a great team. My only concern is high era with Borowski. You will probably have to go to the WW for closers during the season.
Neal Sandman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The River » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Sick team. Only issue is Vasquez, he is way too hold and cold pitcher for me. Maybe try upgrading your P by trading away parts of that ridiculous lineup.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daniel80111 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I think you value drafted a beast of a team. The only pick that I didnt agree with was Victorino in the 11th round, especially since you took OF with your top 3 picks. But other than that, that is a great team.
daniel80111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bettahavemy$ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:19 am

I love the roster. nice job. i don't think your pitching is that bad at all. if kazmir stays healthy your looking good. sherrill will be allright. and your right you can swoop on the save scene in the season. great team. thanks for the response to my post.
Bettahavemy$
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team