Analyze my team! Whir!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze my team! Whir!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze my team! Whir!!

Postby Jungy69 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm

8 team 5x5 standard roto leauge non keeper. Once Victorino gets CF eligibility I have a solid backup in case Delmon young falters or one of the older RF's get injured. Ian snell is also on waiver wire as well as some good high end OF prospects since this is a shallow league also we can only start 3 closers so dropping either Capps or Soriano has crossed my mind. Any advice to improve my team would be greatly appreciated.

Batters:

C Geovany Soto (ChC - C)
1B Justin Morneau (Min - 1B)
2B Plácido Polanco (Det - 2B)
3B Álex Rodríguez (NYY - 3B)
SS Michael Young (Tex - SS)
LF Carl Crawford (TB - LF)
CF Delmon Young (Min - CF,RF)
RF Vladimir Guerrero (LAA - RF)
Util Bobby Abreu (NYY - RF)
BN Shane Victorino (Phi - RF)

Pitching
SP C.C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
SP Justin Verlander (Det - SP)
SP Roy Oswalt (Hou - SP)
RP Jonathan Papelbon (Bos - RP)
P Huston Street (Oak - RP)
P Rafael Soriano (Atl - RP)
BN Fausto Carmona (Cle - SP)
BN Adam Wainwright (StL - SP)
BN Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
BN Matt Capps (Pit - RP)
BN Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP)

Also don't hesitate to leave a link ;-D .
Isnt my avatar just the cutest? ^-^
Jungy69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Analyze my team! Whir!!

Postby FantaSeeBball » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm

hey thanks for your help. i would actually prefer to start victorino over delmon young.....you could use the extra boost in steals since crawford is your only real threat...if young shows hes matured and plays well then by all means plug him in. also i would not just drop capps or soriano. i would actually try to trade papelbon away for a better starter. soriano, capps, and street make up a very solid closer committee that has lots of upside. sure theres some risk involved in doing this (street/soriano's health, etc) but i think its very minimal and you could get someone very good for papelbon.
FantaSeeBball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:48 am

Looks like a well-balanced team. I agree with the previous poster about Victorino. I think he's going to have a lot of value this year and I can see starting him over DY (or at least platooning them.) I also agree about not dropping Capps or Soriano. As great as Papelbon is, you have a very solid core of closers without him. See if you can land another top-flight pitcher for him, or.....

...a better idea would be to couple him with one of your hitters and try to get another superstar. Say, Morneau and Papelbon for a stud 1B...Fielder type?

See what kind of response you get to some 2-for-1 deals like that.

Thanks and good luck. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby goalyboy13 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:12 am

Victorino/Young is your call, they do say in Fantasy Sports your starters are called starters for a reason. So if you drafted Young as your starter you shouldn't second guess yourself until you have a reason to.
I am not quite as sure on the closer situation. Before trading Papelbon I would shop the other three in package deals. If you can get Berkman for Soriano and Morneau, then why trade Papelbon and Morneau to get Fielder. Always offer a trade that you won't regret and let the guy come back at you with a counter offer. Then you will never rip yourself off.
My only other worry for you and I certainly hope it isn't an issue. Because it is something that kills me every time. I'm an Indians fan and I love CC and Fausto, but I get really nervous when I have both of them just because if the Indians hitting goes into a funk (which it sometimes does for a month each season) it's that much harder on them.

viewtopic.php?t=325270
If you can check my team out that would be awesome. I've got 20 some views but only two people said anything.
goalyboy13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team