What to do with this team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What to do with this team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do with this team...

Postby drwatts » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Hello all,

First of all, let me state that I was 30 minutes late to this draft. When ranking players, I always rank them according to true value, nit where I think I can get them in the draft... For that reason, I have lots of SP's ranked high (Johan Santana is ranked 2nd, e.g.)... OK this is the team I drafted (Normal Yahoo! 5x5 roto league):

C Bengie Molina
1B Carlos Pena
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Orlando Cabrera
OF Eric Byrnes
OF Nick Swisher
OF Jeff Francouer
Util Michael Bourn
BN Ty Wigginton
BN Adam Jones

SP Johan Santana
SP Jake Peavy
RP Huston Street
RP Eric Gagne
P Brandon Webb
P C.C. Sabathia
P Heath Bell
BN Kevin Gregg
BN Brian Wilson
BN Kerry Wood

As you probably guessed, My first 4 selections were SP's... Needless to say I have a really good chance of winning all of the pitching categories.

As for my offense, I had to punt BA, I never punt categories, but I thought that would be the best to punt in this situation. With the current offense, I think I can do fairly well...

I project about 777 runs, with 858 projected to finish 3rd in the category; 191 projected HR, with 217 to finish 3rd; 706 projected RBI, with 831 to finish 3rd; 141 projected SB, with 145 to finish 3rd; and .274 projected BA, with .293 to finish 3rd... MY QUESTION is this: Seeing as how it seems trades do not go through in this league, should I start Adam Jones instead of Michael Bourn to get better numbers at my HR and RBI numbers ( hopefully) and take a hit in my SB numbers? I would still use Bourn as a fill in if my players miss games or whatever to try to get my SB numbers up... Is this a good plan? If not, can I get any other recommendations?

Thanks a lot!
drwatts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do with this team...

Postby FantaSeeBball » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm

your SP is stacked and i would consider trying to move 1 or 2 of your SPs to get a solid 5 category contributor to add to your utility spot.....someone like Corey Hart. He will help you in all the categories. Your catcher could use an upgrade....JR Towles is rocking spring training but its up in the air whether or not he will carry this production into the regular season. hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?t=325358
FantaSeeBball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drwatts » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:31 pm

That's actually good advice, it's just that no trades have been going through (vetoes, lol). It looks like I may have to rely on waiver wire pickups! Thanks for the reply!
drwatts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmmac27 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 pm

must be a public league....

Try to package up Beltre and (peavy, santana, webb) for Cabrera or Braun and another middle of the road bat - surely something like that would go through - more likely Braun

Gotta figure that the SP and Braun would be 1:1 Beltre obviously to replace the gap and another bat to provide balance If it were me that's where I'd start

Hell with those arms I'd even try to maybe deal Sabathia to upgrade 1B

Whatever you do IMO I'd hang onto two of the three big guns (peavy, santana, webb)

If you can.
viewtopic.php?t=325368

Thanks to soty for the sig, the sickest.
bmmac27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby drwatts » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:09 pm

That's really good advice... I think I'll dangle Webb out there and try to get Braun...

*edit* and yes, it's a public league, lol
drwatts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team