100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alexei Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Alexei Ramirez

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Super Manny wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:Alexei Ramirez-OF- White Sox, Mar. 26 - 7:45 pm et

Alexei Ramirez went 2-for-4 and hit a grand slam off Ben Sheets in Wednesday's loss.

Ramirez hit ninth today, but it appears as though he'll spend a time leading off and playing center field while Jerry Owens misses the start of the year. He's batting .355/.373/.597 in 62 at-bats.

;-D

If only he were in the Yahoo database.... !+)
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yaboygino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 am

Ramirez or stephen drew??
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdsun1 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:46 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
Super Manny wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:Alexei Ramirez-OF- White Sox, Mar. 26 - 7:45 pm et

Alexei Ramirez went 2-for-4 and hit a grand slam off Ben Sheets in Wednesday's loss.

Ramirez hit ninth today, but it appears as though he'll spend a time leading off and playing center field while Jerry Owens misses the start of the year. He's batting .355/.373/.597 in 62 at-bats.

;-D

If only he were in the Yahoo database.... !+)

His value would be in that he has 2B eligibility but what are the chances that he gets that when added to the yahoo database instead of just OF?
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bwanna » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:59 am

jdsun1 wrote:His value would be in that he has 2B eligibility but what are the chances that he gets that when added to the yahoo database instead of just OF?

Good question... does Yahoo decide that or their stat provider? I'm assuming the latter.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Super Manny » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:29 am

Rotoworld wrote:Nick Swisher-OF- White Sox Mar. 27 - 10:24 am et

Manager Ozzie Guillen said Wednesday that Nick Swisher will likely start in center field and lead off while Jerry Owens (groin) is sidelined.

Both the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times note that Swisher will be the regular leadoff man and center fielder, but Pablo Ozuna will hit first in the season opener against left-hander C.C. Sabathia and Guillen will be tempted to play Alexei Ramirez in center field. Swisher manning center field would be good news for Carlos Quentin, but given the way Ramirez has hit this spring Guillen figures to work his bat into the lineup plenty at either second base or center field.

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby colt4523 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Using the word "tempted" is not enough for me to pick this guy up. I would love to pick up a decent replacement for kent but until he gets a guaranteed starting job; I do not think he is worth a pickup.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:50 pm

colt4523 wrote:Using the word "tempted" is not enough for me to pick this guy up. I would love to pick up a decent replacement for kent but until he gets a guaranteed starting job; I do not think he is worth a pickup.

Considering the lack of upper-tier talent at 2B, it might be a good idea to take a flyer with his potential.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby yaboygino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:23 pm

I this going to get 500 plus at bats...any realistic projections or does nody really know what the hell this guy can do?
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdsun1 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:36 pm

yaboygino wrote:I this going to get 500 plus at bats...any realistic projections or does nody really know what the hell this guy can do?

From "Bringin' the Noise" Column on Yahoo Fantasy Baseball's Frontpage:

Ramirez, one of the more mysterious players this spring, has shed his cloak of obscurity and emerged a viable fantasy prospect. Expected to be added to Y! free agent pools sometime next week, Ramirez is a fantasy Swiss Army knife who will likely be eligible at three positions (2B, SS and OF) at some point this season. Scouts have raved about the Cuban defector's smooth, line-drive stroke, superb contact rates and above-average power.In 521 Cuban League games from 2001-2007, Ramirez laced a .334 BA, totaled 73 homers and drove in 328 runners. An intelligent player who has a natural grasp for the nuances of the game, Ramirez is expected to platoon with Pablo Ozuna and Juan Uribe at second and be a temporary fill in for Jerry Owens, who is on the 15-day DL with a groin injury, in center. During the first half of April, consider Ramirez a respectable middle infielder/utility player in Grand Canyon-deep mixed formats. Although he's showcased more of a prosthetic hook than a glove at times at second, his offensive contributions will likely earn him at least a semi-regular role by June. For now, view the 26-year-old as a more versatile and faster version of Freddy Sanchez. With 350 at-bats expect an end season line around: .295 BA, 12 HRs, 59 RBIs, 66 Rs and 8 SBs.

They seem to be fairly high on him and if he were to get 500+ at bats he would obviously be a must add to use as a primary 2B ;-D
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 pm

And the reason that he only played in 521 games in 6 full seasons in Cuba since 2001 is?
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers