Day after the Draft...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Day after the Draft...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Day after the Draft...WHIR

Postby doubleplay122000 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:23 am

It is the morning after the draft, and I feel like it went well, very happy with the team overall, but I feel like I did reach a bit for some players for no real reason. Had the 4th pick in a 10 team, H2H, standard 5x5 cats, redraft league. Let me know what you think of the team, I will post back if you leave a link.

Personally, I am a bit nervous about my Util spot, but feel like my bench should be able to cover it, and my SP is a bit thin. Before anyone goes off about my pitching though, I do want to say I made a point to get more relief pitching than starters, I feel like the guys I got should have low ERA/WHIP and get a good amount of K's with SVs. The starters are also a decent bunch of K guys, and I am hoping the Ws will come along.

H2H, standard 5x5 cat., Redraft
C- G. Soto
1B- J. Morneau
2B- C. Utley
SS- E. Renteria
3B- G. Atkins
OF- BJ Upton, G. Sizemore, V. Wells
Util- K. Fukudome
Bench- M. Cuddyer, Del. Young, J. Upton, K. Kouzmanoff
SP- C. Zambrano, R. Oswalt, J. Maine, P. Hughes, H. Kuroda
RP- J. Papelbon, B. Jenks, M. Corpas, H. Bell, J. Broxton
doubleplay122000
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Day after the Draft...WHIR

Postby sublime8414 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Personally I think your pitching looks good, but your hitting doesn't quite have enough power IMO. You are missing a big thumper in your lineup. I would either move utley for an elite 1B (and maybe a pitching upgrade), if bj upton is 2B elig....then you will have morneau in the util, fukudome with delmon and justin upton if they breakout as your 3rd OF. That lineup is much more intimidating. Or trade V-wells and/or upton for an elite 1B. I think you have plenty of speed, and you have the OF depth that you sholdn't worry about your util. Also like i said... i think your pitching is fine.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby goalyboy13 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:55 pm

Pitching staff is definitely not as bad as you might think. And you can always find a win here and there on the waivers just by looking at matchups. ie a decent pitcher against a terrible team

Though I don't know if I agree completely with the last post on power, (5 guys hitting 20 is more than one guy hitting 50 and the other 4 hitting 10)

I definitely think your bench is strong, especially if Young and Kouzmanoff have stronger April's than last year. Kouzmanoff was great in his last 120 games, the first 30 or so we could say stunk up the joint.
goalyboy13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby b_rad82 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 pm

I think your own analysis of your team is pretty good. Your SPs are ok, but I'd be a little worried about all of them Z and Oswalt because of injury concerns and the others because of consistency.

Your offense looks good to go. Moving Utley might not be a bad idea, I'm kinda getting the same advice at mine.

help?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=325032
b_rad82
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team