What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby eazyb81 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 pm

FYI, Milledge just hit a bomb off of Bonderman.
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm

eazyb81 wrote:FYI, Milledge just hit a bomb off of Bonderman.

Ahhhhhhhhhh... Spring Training... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:One more stipulation that came to me this morning. For a player to be eligible they must play in 100, 120, xxx games. I'll let you make the call. There's no sense in us having a dispute later about it. I don't care what the GP floor is, provided its reasonable, as long as there is one. But it's entirely your call. I trust you to make it fair.

Triple digits works for me. That applies to Milledge as well correct? And my candidates are only current Padres, right? So I get Edmonds, Giles, Hairston, McAnulty, Headley, etc...just has to be a current Padres outfielder?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:45 pm

I could see the power, but Milledge's recent stats in the minors and majors suggest that either his speed is declining or his baserunning skills have gotten very sloppy. He gets caught stealing about 40% of the time. Also, Manny Acta in WAS is not a green-light manager. Remember last year, when he was talking about curtailing Felipe Lopez the year after Lopez had swiped 46? Well, Lopez dropped off to 24 last year, even w/ an incredibly good (like 90%) success rate.

So I'll give him a .277/16 HR/14 SB.

That being said, his talent IS immense and there was a reason he was rated so highly as a prospect. If he develops his tools, he's the kind of player who does not lend himself to smooth statistical projection (think Ramirez, Hanley--if you want to see sick surprises, check out his 05 AA to 06 majors stats).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:I could see the power, but Milledge's recent stats in the minors and majors suggest that either his speed is declining or his baserunning skills have gotten very sloppy. He gets caught stealing about 40% of the time. Also, Manny Acta in WAS is not a green-light manager. Remember last year, when he was talking about curtailing Felipe Lopez the year after Lopez had swiped 46? Well, Lopez dropped off to 24 last year, even w/ an incredibly good (like 90%) success rate.

So I'll give him a .277/16 HR/14 SB.

That being said, his talent IS immense and there was a reason he was rated so highly as a prospect. If he develops his tools, he's the kind of player who does not lend himself to smooth statistical projection (think Ramirez, Hanley--if you want to see sick surprises, check out his 05 AA to 06 majors stats).

You gotta keep in mind that Hanley is a big dude. So him showing power these past 2 years shouldn't be that surprising..
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:48 pm

davidmarver wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:One more stipulation that came to me this morning. For a player to be eligible they must play in 100, 120, xxx games. I'll let you make the call. There's no sense in us having a dispute later about it. I don't care what the GP floor is, provided its reasonable, as long as there is one. But it's entirely your call. I trust you to make it fair.

Triple digits works for me. That applies to Milledge as well correct? And my candidates are only current Padres, right? So I get Edmonds, Giles, Hairston, McAnulty, Headley, etc...just has to be a current Padres outfielder?

Yes sir. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Update:
Giles - 6.90 RC/27, 132 OPS+
Hairston - 4.28, 92
McAnulty - 5.55, 106
Gerut - 5.34, 100

Milledge - 3.29 , 72

Looks like I'll have to download the GIMP, eh?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:18 am

davidmarver wrote:Update:
Giles - 6.90 RC/27, 132 OPS+
Hairston - 4.28, 92
McAnulty - 5.55, 106
Gerut - 5.34, 100

Milledge - 3.29 , 72

Looks like I'll have to download the GIMP, eh?

Lot of baseball left, but if this holds, you know I'll be ready, willing, and able to accept what's coming.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:49 am

Time to fire up Paint, eh? :-)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers