What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby eazyb81 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 pm

FYI, Milledge just hit a bomb off of Bonderman.
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 236
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm

eazyb81 wrote:FYI, Milledge just hit a bomb off of Bonderman.


Ahhhhhhhhhh... Spring Training... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby davidmarver » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:One more stipulation that came to me this morning. For a player to be eligible they must play in 100, 120, xxx games. I'll let you make the call. There's no sense in us having a dispute later about it. I don't care what the GP floor is, provided its reasonable, as long as there is one. But it's entirely your call. I trust you to make it fair.

Triple digits works for me. That applies to Milledge as well correct? And my candidates are only current Padres, right? So I get Edmonds, Giles, Hairston, McAnulty, Headley, etc...just has to be a current Padres outfielder?
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:45 pm

I could see the power, but Milledge's recent stats in the minors and majors suggest that either his speed is declining or his baserunning skills have gotten very sloppy. He gets caught stealing about 40% of the time. Also, Manny Acta in WAS is not a green-light manager. Remember last year, when he was talking about curtailing Felipe Lopez the year after Lopez had swiped 46? Well, Lopez dropped off to 24 last year, even w/ an incredibly good (like 90%) success rate.

So I'll give him a .277/16 HR/14 SB.

That being said, his talent IS immense and there was a reason he was rated so highly as a prospect. If he develops his tools, he's the kind of player who does not lend himself to smooth statistical projection (think Ramirez, Hanley--if you want to see sick surprises, check out his 05 AA to 06 majors stats).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 495
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:I could see the power, but Milledge's recent stats in the minors and majors suggest that either his speed is declining or his baserunning skills have gotten very sloppy. He gets caught stealing about 40% of the time. Also, Manny Acta in WAS is not a green-light manager. Remember last year, when he was talking about curtailing Felipe Lopez the year after Lopez had swiped 46? Well, Lopez dropped off to 24 last year, even w/ an incredibly good (like 90%) success rate.

So I'll give him a .277/16 HR/14 SB.

That being said, his talent IS immense and there was a reason he was rated so highly as a prospect. If he develops his tools, he's the kind of player who does not lend himself to smooth statistical projection (think Ramirez, Hanley--if you want to see sick surprises, check out his 05 AA to 06 majors stats).


You gotta keep in mind that Hanley is a big dude. So him showing power these past 2 years shouldn't be that surprising..
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:48 pm

davidmarver wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:One more stipulation that came to me this morning. For a player to be eligible they must play in 100, 120, xxx games. I'll let you make the call. There's no sense in us having a dispute later about it. I don't care what the GP floor is, provided its reasonable, as long as there is one. But it's entirely your call. I trust you to make it fair.

Triple digits works for me. That applies to Milledge as well correct? And my candidates are only current Padres, right? So I get Edmonds, Giles, Hairston, McAnulty, Headley, etc...just has to be a current Padres outfielder?

Yes sir. ;-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Update:
Giles - 6.90 RC/27, 132 OPS+
Hairston - 4.28, 92
McAnulty - 5.55, 106
Gerut - 5.34, 100

Milledge - 3.29 , 72

Looks like I'll have to download the GIMP, eh?
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:18 am

davidmarver wrote:Update:
Giles - 6.90 RC/27, 132 OPS+
Hairston - 4.28, 92
McAnulty - 5.55, 106
Gerut - 5.34, 100

Milledge - 3.29 , 72

Looks like I'll have to download the GIMP, eh?

Lot of baseball left, but if this holds, you know I'll be ready, willing, and able to accept what's coming.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: What are your thoughts on Lastings Milledge?

Postby davidmarver » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:49 am

Time to fire up Paint, eh? :-)
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact