****10th year CBS league ($35) needs one owner***** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

****10th year CBS league ($35) needs one owner*****

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

****10th year CBS league ($35) needs one owner*****

Postby a3rwolf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm

If you haven't already committed to too many other leagues, then please consider ours. This year will be our 10th season (started in '99). Turnover in this league is always at a minimum, and we are a competitive, but laid-back, crowd.

It is a standard roto mixed 5x5 keeper league with 10 teams. 8 keepers, roster of 35 players, 23 active, 12 reserve. League fee is $35, top 3 finishers get $$$. Our main calling card: we employ a minor league system. Basically, you have 5 minor leaguers that qualify as rookies (by MLB definition), and you can keep them on your minor league roster so long as they retain "rookie" status. when they exceed rookie status, you can keep them for next year as an additional keeper to your regular 8 keepers from your active roster. Definitely a cool twist that rewards scouting those young players. Our minor league system has been in place for several years now; I am more than happy to answer any questions about it!

We will be drafting live ASAP using a 24-hour clock initially. This will get things rolling, but I'm trying to schedule a couple of evenings where we can get together and knock out some rounds. Just waiting on the right owner to come along and help us complete the offseason (i.e. submitting keepers and league fees)!

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, email me at -- whitleybenjamin at yahoo dot com -- I can send the roster of the vacant team and the league constitution.

Highlighted players from this team include:
Russ Martin
Brian Roberts
Miggy Cabrera
Ryan Zimmerman
Lance Berkman
Juan Pierre
Francisco Cordero
Dan Haren
John Lackey

and some very promising minor leaguers:
Billy Butler, Carlos Gonzalez, Clayton Kershaw and Mike Pelfrey