Return to Minor League & College Baseball

30/30 Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 30/30 Prospects

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 am

thedude wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:BJ will be one of the best CF ever

8-o

yes I know there is great company there ;-)

I still think he will be in the discussion when all is said and done
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bananaphone » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Dude isn't really what you'd call a prospect anymore, but I could see this happening. The man is Lastings Milledge.

I know what people are going to say, but hear me out...

1. 2 years ago he was the can't miss untouchable prospect with all the tools. He hasn't lost any tools, just has an apparent bad attitude. He suffered no injuries, or setbacks, the Mets just wouldn't let him play.
2. The Nats are getting a new ballpark. I don't know if it's "hitter friendly", but it's certainly better than RFK. He's got plenty of power anyway.
3. He'll finally get some regular at bats, and a legit chance to show what he's capable of. I don't think any of you can honestly tell me he got a fair chance in NY. He's going to start in center for the Nats.

I personally think he'll be very productive this year. He might need to gain some discipline at the plate, but yeah, the hype wasn't just random nonsense. Dude can play. He goes very late in any sort of draft these days, and has... at least the way I see it 30/30 potential.
bananaphone
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:08 pm

bananaphone wrote:Dude isn't really what you'd call a prospect anymore, but I could see this happening. The man is Lastings Milledge.

I know what people are going to say, but hear me out...

1. 2 years ago he was the can't miss untouchable prospect with all the tools. He hasn't lost any tools, just has an apparent bad attitude. He suffered no injuries, or setbacks, the Mets just wouldn't let him play.
2. The Nats are getting a new ballpark. I don't know if it's "hitter friendly", but it's certainly better than RFK. He's got plenty of power anyway.
3. He'll finally get some regular at bats, and a legit chance to show what he's capable of. I don't think any of you can honestly tell me he got a fair chance in NY. He's going to start in center for the Nats.

I personally think he'll be very productive this year. He might need to gain some discipline at the plate, but yeah, the hype wasn't just random nonsense. Dude can play. He goes very late in any sort of draft these days, and has... at least the way I see it 30/30 potential.

He is a nice sleeper, maybe 20/20+ someday but 30/30 is a bit of a reach. He doesn't have that type of power and isn't very good at stealing yet. Also he wasn't really untouchable, he was overhyped a bit even though he does have quite a bit of talent. This year I could see 10-15hr 15-25sb, which is still quite nice.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Hybrid, You follow BJ more than maybe anyone has. Do you think he could be a top CF of all time when its all said and done?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Hybrid, You follow BJ more than maybe anyone has. Do you think he could be a top CF of all time when its all said and done?

Well of it's hard to really put that type of label on anyone even when they have tons of talent. Does he have that potential? I think so, even with the late start of playing CF. If I had to pick anyone who could that is under the age of 30, he would be my 2nd choice after Sizemore due to him already producing for 3+ years and a safe bet to continue.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball