OF: Adam Dunn
OF: Jason Bay
OF: Corey Hart
UTIL: Mark Texeira/ Garret Atkins

SP: Liriano
SP: Gallardo
SP: Tim Hudson
SP: Aaron Harang
SP: Rich Harden (in the 17th rd this could be a low risk/high reward case)
RP: Rafael Soriano
RP: Joakim Soria
RP: Troy Percival
RP: Tom God (sub while Lidge is out)
RP: Bob Howry
RP: CJ Wilson

I know none of my relievers are studs but Im a member of the do-not-overpay-for-saves-club. I am happy with my offense with some concerns on my OF (Bay and Hart are my worries). At Catcher, if Hernandez is crap, then I will go to the WW for another hot C bat. Please take the time to analyze and critic my team as I will do the very same for your team.

Thank you all in advance!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Best Draft Ever...I hope!

Postby IdiotsBaseball » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:39 pm

That's a heck of a team. I am a big fan of your top six bats. You may be a bit short on speed unless Furcal is fully recovered from his ankle issues.

You may want to add another solid arm just in case your young guys (Liriano, Gallardo and Harden) can't fully overcome their injuries.

Please respond to mine. Thanks.
viewtopic.php?t=324834
IdiotsBaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby asquad89 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

First of all, I love Liriano and Gallardo. ANd I'm a fan of waiting til the last few rounds to grap RP and C. Nice draft. I like Hart over Bay, and in fact if you can maybe trade Bay to someone who likes him you might be able to upgrade at SP/RP (not liking Harden). But the squad is nice.
Thugs in the Outfield
ImageImageImage
asquad89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Great Gazoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:35 pm

I like you offense alot. You have a nice blend of some serious power, runs, and avg. The outfield is a little worriesome but could end up being one of your biggest strengths. You may be short on speed but that can be addressed if needed during the season through a trade. You are going to be short on SP in the beginning of the season since gallardo will not be ready, harden may not, and from some reports I have read liriano may start in pen to limit initial IP (don't know if true). I would look into possibly acquiring another arm through the wire or a trade if it doesn't hurt the integrity of the team.

See Mine:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=325075
Great Gazoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PerfectTen66 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm

I have to agree with everyone so far. Your offense will carry your team. I do think that when you take a chance of too many injured guys, you can get burned. However, I do think Liriano and Gallardo will be good. Harden scares me, but you didn't pay much for him. I would also trade Bay for a pitcher and then grab a speedy outfielder from waivers like Michael Bourne or somebody. Overall, you did a good job.

Thanks for your help with mine.
PerfectTen66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sublime8414 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:12 pm

I personally am not a adam dunn or jason bay fan, but I could see how you would like them both. I would probably trade adam dunn, as his BA is murderous in roto. I also think that you should trade atkins, as his value to someone short at 3B should net you a nice return. and really he'd just be wasting away on your bench anyways. Teixera is miles ahead of him as a util player. So shop around one of your OF bats along with atkins and see if you can grab an elite SP. If you can your team will be tremendous. I disagree with most of the posters that you are short on speed. I think you're a good bet to approach 90-100sbs, and with that few hitters in a 12 team league that should be at least middle of the pack, and that's all you need speed-wise.

Also if lastings milledge is on the WW, I think he'll be a roto stud this year. Assuming he gets 600 PA, look for alex rios lite type numbers.

Your RP looks great to me. lots of depth, and sometimes thats better than quality. Unfortunately I think you're a little short on SP depth. While i like your picks, another top SP would be a huge help. But you have the trade chips to solve that.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jmerr1127 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm

I like your offense but your right about your concerns with Bay and Hart. Also ive never been a huge fan of Dunn because of his average. I really like Tex this year, esp because its a contract year ;-D . I do not like your pitching staff though for the sole reason that Liriano is anchoring your staff and who knows how hell pitch this year. You have a nice team though you'll be able to fill in your staff through the WW and youll be solid.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=325145
-J-
jmerr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ChadWC » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Nice offense. Tex should put up huge numbers with the Braves lineup this year. I'd get another starter. But there will be somebody that comes out of nowhere this year just like every year. Keep your ears and eyes open.
ChadWC
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm

You've got a solid looking team. I love your offence and all the potential it brings. The only concern I would have is maybe your pitching. If you could try and trade one of your bats for a pitcher, it would help a lot. Other than that, great job. It looks good! ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dpguarnero1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:19 am

I don't know about trusting Liriano, Gallardo and Hudson at the top of your rotation. Especially Liriano...unless he's changed the way he throws its a matter of when he gets hurt not if.
dpguarnero1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team