How much would it take to get Fuentes back Closing for COLO? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How much would it take to get Fuentes back Closing for COLO?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How much would it take to get Fuentes back Closing for COLO?

Postby sblinyy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:37 pm

What will it take to get fuentes in the closer role and corpas out? :-? ...you could go to spring training and assault corpas and hope you break something :-B

...but I do agree that fuentes should be the guy and probably will be the guy by midseason. ;-D

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:49 am

sblinyy wrote:What will it take to get fuentes in the closer role and corpas out? :-? ...you could go to spring training and assault corpas and hope you break something :-B

...but I do agree that fuentes should be the guy and probably will be the guy by midseason. ;-D

you agree? with whom do you agree? i don't think anyone in this thread was saying anything about how Fuentes should or would be the guy by midseason, at least not in CO. Some have said that he would be a prime candidate for a trade (although it often seems like those midseason trades involving relievers end up equaling a role in middle relief, not as a closer), but i don't think anyone is forecasting a Corpas blow up, which it seems is what it would take, what with his to this point shut-down ways, and new contract. Do you have some reason to think that Corpas is not the real deal? Or maybe you just think that his leash will be short, what with Fuentes behind him? :-?
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Grouperman941 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:56 am

shasty mcnasty wrote:
sblinyy wrote:What will it take to get fuentes in the closer role and corpas out? :-? ...you could go to spring training and assault corpas and hope you break something :-B

you agree? with whom do you agree? i don't think anyone in this thread was saying anything about how Fuentes should or would be the guy by midseason, at least not in CO. :-?

He agrees with the OP.

I think Corpas would have to completely melt down to lose the job.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mtarail » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

It would take either an injury or a meltdown of Armando Benitez' esque proportions for Fuentes to get the job back from Corpas.

Fuentes was a good closer. I drafted him every year, because he gave good value. But he's giving the Rockies a whole lot of value right now, both in his 8th inning role and as an insurance plan on Corpas.

Colorado is gonna try to make another run at the Series this year. I'd be very surprised to see Fuentes traded, unless they were getting a very good prospect SP or a a decent #3 MLB-ready pitcher in return.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kemper5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Would it take Corpas blowing 5 straight games?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers