Customizable Cheat Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Customizable Cheat Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Fumbler wrote:Sorry, to be offtopic for a bit. Just thought i'd see if this helps some of you out.

Open Office is a nice free alternative to Excel. It's actually an office suite program that has a word processor, database, spreadsheet, etc. You can also open Excel files with Open Office (though i'm not so sure on the other way around).


that sounds great, but do you know if it will open the cheat sheet i've already kind of created in Paint?
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1206
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby abrage22 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:23 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
Fumbler wrote:Sorry, to be offtopic for a bit. Just thought i'd see if this helps some of you out.

Open Office is a nice free alternative to Excel. It's actually an office suite program that has a word processor, database, spreadsheet, etc. You can also open Excel files with Open Office (though i'm not so sure on the other way around).


that sounds great, but do you know if it will open the cheat sheet i've already kind of created in Paint?


sorry i already tried that and it doesn't work :-D ....... unless u were serious then i have no clue, but dout that !+)
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:06 am

abrage22 wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
Fumbler wrote:Sorry, to be offtopic for a bit. Just thought i'd see if this helps some of you out.

Open Office is a nice free alternative to Excel. It's actually an office suite program that has a word processor, database, spreadsheet, etc. You can also open Excel files with Open Office (though i'm not so sure on the other way around).


that sounds great, but do you know if it will open the cheat sheet i've already kind of created in Paint?


sorry i already tried that and it doesn't work :-D ....... unless u were serious then i have no clue, but dout that !+)


you doubt i'm serious, or you doubt that i'll be able to open my Paint spreadsheet in this new program? Because i thought i got mine pretty good, and was hoping to maybe just tweak it out with the Open Office thing.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1206
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby rb11 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 pm

[/quote]

you doubt i'm serious, or you doubt that i'll be able to open my Paint spreadsheet in this new program? Because i thought i got mine pretty good, and was hoping to maybe just tweak it out with the Open Office thing.[/quote]

wow you were actually able to make one on paint that's......impressive? :-S

Anyways sorry to break it to you but I don't see how you could bring that into excel. You would just have to input the data again.

Trust me it will be easier this time though ;-D
rb11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 90
Joined: 6 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Texas

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:20 pm

rb11 wrote:


you doubt i'm serious, or you doubt that i'll be able to open my Paint spreadsheet in this new program? Because i thought i got mine pretty good, and was hoping to maybe just tweak it out with the Open Office thing.[/quote]

wow you were actually able to make one on paint that's......impressive? :-S

Anyways sorry to break it to you but I don't see how you could bring that into excel. You would just have to input the data again.

Trust me it will be easier this time though ;-D[/quote]

sheesh...all that work down the tubes, huh?















}:-)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1206
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby abrage22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:14 pm

im confused now :-S . well my "paint spreadsheets" aren't any good anymore so i would never want o copy it over to w/e u guys said.
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Abrage, if you have a google account you can use their documents section to create and edit spreadsheets. It's free, reasonably useful, and handy since you'll have it anywhere you have access to a computer. Just go to google and click on the "More" drop-down menu.

Once you get that going, you just plug your stats into the sheet and calculate based on your league's numbers.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby abrage22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:24 pm

knapplc wrote:Abrage, if you have a google account you can use their documents section to create and edit spreadsheets. It's free, reasonably useful, and handy since you'll have it anywhere you have access to a computer. Just go to google and click on the "More" drop-down menu.

Once you get that going, you just plug your stats into the sheet and calculate based on your league's numbers.

hey cool thanks i might have to check it out
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm

No problem. Once you're up and running with that, don't hesitate to ask people here about formulas and stuff. There are lots of spreadsheet gurus around the Cafe. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Customizable Cheat Sheets

Postby abrage22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:41 pm

knapplc wrote:No problem. Once you're up and running with that, don't hesitate to ask people here about formulas and stuff. There are lots of spreadsheet gurus around the Cafe. ;-D


yeah im sure there all beter than paint !+) :-P ........................ :-D
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact