I did well right? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I did well right?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I did well right?

Postby cornellunited » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm new to fantasy baseball but i feel as though I picked a very solid team. This is my 2nd team drafted this year and felt it went much better. 12 team 5x5 head to head categories, players and positions listed below

C Kenji Johjima
1B Todd Helton
2B Kelly Johnson
3B Álex Rodríguez
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Magglio Ordóñez
OF Carlos Lee
OF Eric Byrnes
Util Corey Hart
BN Ryan Zimmerman
BN Ken Griffey Jr.
BN Julio Lugo
BN --empty--
DL

W-SV-K-ERA-WHIP

SP Scott Kazmir
SP Tim Lincecum
RP Rafael Soriano
RP Rafael Betancourt
P Tim Hudson
P Hideki Okajima
P Heath Bell
BN Barry Zito
BN Jonathan Broxton
Last edited by cornellunited on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cornellunited
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I did well right?

Postby paddyp43 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 pm

1. I really like your offense. With A-Rod; Troy; Hart and the rest of the OF you should be good.
2. Alot of pop; Helton will help with the average. Steals may be an issue; but with Burns you might be good
3. I like k. johnson...my sleeper pick
4. To be brutally honest your pitching SUCKS
Why?
Kaz is currently hurt. Plays on a terrible team in a very tough division
I like Timmy but who knows how he will perform
You have only one person for saves (I think) and he plays on the Royals

Advice?
I would try to trade someone who needs a 3B (Zimmerman)

Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=324903
paddyp43
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cornellunited » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm

My pitching should be ok i thought, my starters will have good era/whip and throw lots of strikeouts, and Soriano is the Braves closer and should get a lot of saves as well as the Royals guy. On top of that, my relief pitchers are all outstanding as far as ERA/WHIP and K's are concerned, so I should be very strong in strikeouts, ERA, and WHIP, saves you can always pick up on the waiver wire if I pay close attention and I think Tim will do well and that means timmy franchise and tim Hudson. Anybody that doesn't get saves like okijima, bell, and broxton will have era's under 2 and whip under 1 and should help me there a lot. I think Kazmir will be a fine pitcher this year and I got decent value for him in the 7th round
cornellunited
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jruiss01 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:04 pm

your hitting is very solid.

I agree with paddyp that your pitching could use some work. if IP is a category you are going to want more starters than that to be competitive. I disagree in the fact that i think Kazmir is a stud. Something has to be said for a lefty that throws 94. If you look at it, it doesn't matter that he plays on a bad team. he still racks up stats. he will help you with Ks. hang on to him. this injury thing will blow over...you do need some other starters though. a squad full of relief guys isn't going to cut the mustard. shop a hitter around. see if you can get something for zimmerman because he had a bad injury and i don't think he will be the same

viewtopic.php?t=324830
jruiss01
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cornellunited » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry IP is not a category, they are Wins, Strikeouts, Saves, ERA, and WHIP, so IP isn't a category or you would be absolutely right about that
cornellunited
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cornellunited » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 am

anybody else? whir
cornellunited
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dpguarnero1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:27 am

You're pitching might lose every week. You might want to try to go with just closers. You'd win ERA, SVS, WHIP almost every week and sometimes K's and W's too (I've done 5 closers in a weekly leagues and have actually won all 5 in H2H leagues.)

I'd be shocked if Zito and Lincecum combine for 15 wins. Like the guy said Kazmir is hurt plays in the AL and at some point the Rays we'll say "we have Price, Neiman, and others for next year so we'll shut Kazmir down." (I'd put money on Kazmir either being shut down, or pitching ineffectively during the last couple of weeks and honestly in H2H who cares about anything other than the final week?) You don't have any sure fire Closers and it looks like you have 3 set up man in a non hold counting league. Plus with Hudson and Zito you don't have tons of SO...you're pitching need WORK.
dpguarnero1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team