luke hochevar? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

luke hochevar?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

luke hochevar?

Postby mission27 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Not high on any prospects lists, what is the latest on him and could he have a big impact in 08?
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: luke hochevar?

Postby kretz330 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:41 pm

He is still a top 50 prospect on most every list I've seen. The Royals reported prior to spring training that they expect Hochevar to start the season in the major league bullpen. He had a solid outing yesterday against the Rangers and looks to be ready for the majors but the Royals don't want to throw him in to a starting roll yet. I suspect he'll be starting by the end of the season depending on how he looks against major league hitters. Mainly, the Royals don't want to make the same mistakes with Hochevar as they did with Grienke.
kretz330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:17 pm

kretz330 wrote:He is still a top 50 prospect on most every list I've seen. The Royals reported prior to spring training that they expect Hochevar to start the season in the major league bullpen. He had a solid outing yesterday against the Rangers and looks to be ready for the majors but the Royals don't want to throw him in to a starting roll yet. I suspect he'll be starting by the end of the season depending on how he looks against major league hitters. Mainly, the Royals don't want to make the same mistakes with Hochevar as they did with Grienke.

I'll dispute that first statement. Sickels - B, BP - 72, BA - 63, MiLB - 40 (the highest I've seen). I agree that he will probably see some action in the second half. Not super high on him.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jwhands » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm

kretz330 wrote:He is still a top 50 prospect on most every list I've seen. The Royals reported prior to spring training that they expect Hochevar to start the season in the major league bullpen. He had a solid outing yesterday against the Rangers and looks to be ready for the majors but the Royals don't want to throw him in to a starting roll yet. I suspect he'll be starting by the end of the season depending on how he looks against major league hitters. Mainly, the Royals don't want to make the same mistakes with Hochevar as they did with Grienke.

I don't think that it is fair to compare Hochevar to Grienke's situation. Grienke had a serious condition that needed to be addressed. I don't believe Hochevar has been diagnosed with anything, although I'm sure the Dodgers are currently wishing it upon him and his agent.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stealthdevil » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am

The hype has definately died down some since he was taken at the top of the draft. I've heard he profiles as a mid rotation starter. I saw him pitch a game at memphis last season and he was getting hit pretty hard. He was humming the ball in there, but it seemed like it was pretty straight. I think he'll end up being a pretty solid producer on that improving Royals team.
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball